Sisterhood Blogger Tag


I was tagged by Lindsey at Bring My Books for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Book Tag, so I thought I would finally share in the fun and participate!

1. Did you have a book that meant a lot to you as a child? One that was gifted from a favorite relative, or a repeat bedtime story?

I love Matilda as a child, and heck still now. It was such an amazing book! I think it really fostered my love of books.


2. Is there any author or book that you collect, and will always welcome multiple editions of the same title?

I think that would have to be Harry Potter. I really want to get a really nice set and then I have copies of all the others


 
3. Say that you find yourself judging a book by it’s cover (not that we ever do that!!!); what sort of covers do you go for? Are there any that are an absolute turn off?

I love either simplistic or very artistic covers. I tend to not like covers with people on them nearly as much.


4. If you could pick any imaginary animal to bring home to Mom with an earnest, “Can we keep him???”, what animal would it be?

This one is super easy! I would love to take home Pete the Dragon!

 
5. Is there any book to movie adaptation that you simply refuse to watch? No way, no how, you’re not even giving them the opportunity to mess it up??

I tend to give most movies a chance, but if they remake any more Dan Wells books I am definitely not going to watch. Angels and Demons and The Da Vinci Code were awful!

 
6. What is the most unusual book you’ve ever read? (Plot, writing style, chapter layout, etc?)

I would have to say Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman. His stuff is so crazy but amazing at the same time!

7. Is there any book or series that you’ve read that is so totally outside of your normal genre, but you loved it and would recommend it to others as a “take a risk!” type of book?

I would have to say that Game of Thrones was one I didn't ever think I would read, but I did enjoy the first book and I love the series.

 
8. Do you have any bookish collections, or anything you covet and hope to someday collect? Candles, artwork, bookcases?

I would love to have a library with some amazing artwork, but at this point that is a ways off!

 
9. What books has been on your TBR list the longest, but you just can’t convince yourself to pick it up?

The Scorch Trials has been on my list for a while. I didn't love The Maze Runner, so I haven't decided if I want to continue with the series or not.

 
10. You get a $500 gift card for all things bookish – do you run to your nearest bookstore and spend like a fiend? Or do you create pro/con lists (a la Rory Gilmore) to make sure you get just the right & perfect & wonderful bookish things? Or are you eyeing a particularly expensive bookcase somewhere?

I definitely would go to the book store and spend it like a fiend! LOL - gimme gimme gimme!
 Wanna play along? Here are the questions - fill out the tag on your blog make sure to share your link, I want to read your answers!

1. Did you have a book that meant a lot to you as a child? One that was gifted from a favorite relative, or a repeat bedtime story?
2. Is there any author or book that you collect, and will always welcome multiple editions of the same title?
3. Say that you find yourself judging a book by it’s cover (not that we ever do that!!!); what sort of covers do you go for? Are there any that are an absolute turn off?
4. If you could pick any imaginary animal to bring home to Mom with an earnest, “Can we keep him???”, what animal would it be?
5. Is there any book to movie adaptation that you simply refuse to watch? No way, no how, you’re not even giving them the opportunity to mess it up??
6. What is the most unusual book you’ve ever read? (Plot, writing style, chapter layout, etc?)
7. Is there any book or series that you’ve read that is so totally outside of your normal genre, but you loved it and would recommend it to others as a “take a risk!” type of book?
8. Do you have any bookish collections, or anything you covet and hope to someday collect? Candles, artwork, bookcases?
9. What books has been on your TBR list the longest, but you just can’t convince yourself to pick it up?
10. You get a $500 gift card for all things bookish – do you run to your nearest bookstore and spend like a fiend? Or do you create pro/con lists (a la Rory Gilmore) to make sure you get just the right & perfect & wonderful bookish things? Or are you eyeing a particularly expensive bookcase somewhere?

https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

6 comments

  1. These posts are always fun to read and answer. I loved the Sokka gif. XD
    I agree with you on Matilda - Roald Dahl was always a great children's author. I loved Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, too. And I tend to get different versions of classics more so than current books. I have, like, four different covers of Little Women and Wuthering Heights. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you didn't like The Maze Runner, then you probably won't enjoy The Scorch Trials either. I personally loved the entire series, but if you had problems with the first book, chances are you'll find the same problems in the second one.

    I love the book artwork you posted and that Harry Potter set looks beautiful in that crate! I have a box which features Hogwarts castle, which is also really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover of A Thousand Pieces Of You, I think everyone seems to love it - & the Harry Potter collection looks amazing :D Great post!

    Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I LOVE the cover of A Thousand Pieces of You. I just really love watercolours, okay?!

    Lovely post, Missie! <33

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the idea of turning books into art, especially by making their pages say things or look like things. So cool!

    www.simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this tag so much! Matilda is an awesome book and Roald Dahl is someone who inspired me to write kids fiction. I also really love the movie and was blessed enough to be able to see it in the theatres once as well! I love the cover to A Thousand Pieces of You. And like you, covers with people on it don't grab my attention as much.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.