Review of Wicked Appetite

Narrator 'Lizzy' Tucker is pastry chef in Salem. In June, evil 'Wulf' burns his brand on her hand. His tempting cousin Diesel smells like "fresh-baked Christmas cookies", protects her 24/7 with rude monkey Carl and ninja Cat, after Wulf kills Stephen's guard. Lizzy and Stephen can detect stones for Seven Deadly Sins, and start with Gluttony.










Janet Evanovich has written so many books, but I have never taken the time to read anything she has written. I grabbed Wicked Appetite from the digital library a little while ago to get a change of pace from my normal reads. The audiobook was read by Lorelei King and was 10 hours, 51 minutes long.

  • The story was original. I liked the whole fantasy situation, the odd characters and the special "talents" that the characters had. It was fun and unique.
  • I really loved Lizzy and her outlook on life. She was witty, funny, kind-hearted and brave. I loved how she just picked up on everything, even though it was crazy.
  • Oh Diesel, you are some amazing man candy. I don't know how Lizzy can resist you, even though there are some consequences.
  • The cat, the monkey - best side characters ever!

  • The actual premise of the story was just so all over the place, there was no definite plot in the story and no real ending. This is a series, but I much rather have somewhat of a semblance of a plot and climax in each book. I definitely wasn't into the story enough to continue with the series.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8205669-wicked-appetite






https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

2 comments

  1. I'm a big Evanovich fan. I have to admit though a lot of her stories read the same but with different characters. I really like these particular set of characters because they're so quirky. Happy you at least enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this author before! Ooh MC's name is Lizzie! Everytime I see that name, I'm just reminded of Pride and Prejudice for no reason. It's a shame that this one wasn't good enough for you to continue due to how messy the plot was, though. I think I'll try something else by this author instead.

    Lovely review, Missie! <33

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.