Review of The Naturals

Seventeen-year-old Cassie is a natural at reading people. Piecing together the tiniest details, she can tell you who you are and what you want. But it’s not a skill that she’s ever taken seriously. That is, until the FBI come knocking: they’ve begun a classified program that uses exceptional teenagers to crack infamous cold cases, and they need Cassie.

What Cassie doesn’t realize is that there’s more at risk than a few unsolved homicides—especially when she’s sent to live with a group of teens whose gifts are as unusual as her own. Sarcastic, privileged Michael has a knack for reading emotions, which he uses to get inside Cassie’s head—and under her skin. Brooding Dean shares Cassie’s gift for profiling, but keeps her at arm’s length.

Soon, it becomes clear that no one in the Naturals program is what they seem. And when a new killer strikes, danger looms closer than Cassie could ever have imagined. Caught in a lethal game of cat and mouse with a killer, the Naturals are going to have to use all of their gifts just to survive.


 I was looking for a good audiobook and came across The Naturals when I was pursuing the library. I have seen The Naturals around but never really looked into it. I am so glad that I did because I really enjoyed it! The audiobook was 7 hours, 30 minutes long and was read by Amber Faith.

I love Criminal Minds and this book is right up my alley. I love how they get into the minds of the criminals and really break down the situation.
Cassie was a great MC. She was interesting, intense, volunteer and normal in her own weird way. I love when characters are multidimensional. 
The boys, dreamy, dark and talented. There was kinda a love triangle, but not really. I think it might get worse in the next book, but as long as it stays the route it has, like barely skimming the surface, I will be ok with it.
The book was really fast-paced, and since I listen to my audiobooks in double time, it really seemed to go well. Although, I am sure that any audiobook will seem quick after listening to The Outlander a bit ago.


There could have been some more development and depth to the actual mystery within the story. I still enjoyed it, but maybe since I watch so much TV, I was expecting a little bit more. Other than that, I am really excited to continue with the series.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13597723-the-naturals
 



http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773

5 comments

  1. This book sounds amazing and is definitely something I want to read right now!! I'll be looking it up and getting my hands on a copy ASAP ;)

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked this. I've had this book for quite some time already and for some reasons I'm still not reading it. I guess I should start reading this one soon :) Great review!

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this one, but it sounds like something I might enjoy when I'm in the mood for a good Criminal Minds-esque read. It sounds like you really enjoyed it! It's always better when a book is fast paced, especially audiobooks. A slow audiobook can be torture! Thanks for sharing :)

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you enjoyed this one! I thing this book needed lots more development and depth towards the mystery as well :) Awesome review!

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a book on my TBR as something I really want to read! I love a good crime mystery book, and the idea of all these kids with powers in some way that help them with this solving is an intriguing idea.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.