Review of Confessions: The Paris Mysteries

The City of Lights sets the stage for romance, drama and intrigue in the latest Confessions novel from the world's bestselling mystery writer!

After investigating multiple homicides and her family's decades-old skeletons in the closet, Tandy Angel is finally reunited with her lost love in Paris. But as he grows increasingly distant, Tandy is confronted with disturbing questions about him, as well as what really happened to her long-dead sister. With no way to tell anymore who in her life she can trust, how will Tandy ever get to the bottom of the countless secrets her parents kept from her? James Patterson leads this brilliant teenage detective through Paris on a trail of lies years in the making, with shocking revelations around every corner.


I am not sure why I have been so drawn to Tandy, but I absolutely love her character. I was way excited to get my hands on Confessions: The Paris Mysteries the second it was released. It was definitely worth the read, but now I have to wait again until the next book is released, that is seriously no fun!

  • I love Tandy. She is so witty, snarky and yet vulnerable at the same time. I love the progression of her character and how she is growing and really finding herself.
  • Having this book set in Paris was really interesting. I love books set in interesting foreign towns!
  • The story continued to open new doors and reveal some new secrets. I love those moments of surprise when something unexpected happens.

  • This book felt like a “middle child” in the series. There was a climax, but no really definite plot and then a cliff hanger ending. I kept trying to turn pages because I knew there had to be more to the story. But sadly, I am just left hanging until the next book comes out.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18719296-the-paris-mysteries




https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

4 comments

  1. Hello! I love your blog and your reviews! I have nominated you for The Christmas Carol Book Tag. Here is my post, have a look, I would love it if you took part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The waiting for sequels are always like life and death. It's like time slow downs. Lol.
    Happy reading!
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read anything by James Patterson but I've heard nothing but great things! I'm sorry you didn't love it. Sometimes middle books can be that way. I hope the next one is amazing!

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of James Patterson yet, and haven't heard of this series before! But it is definitely something I would like to read at some point. Hope you keep enjoying this series ^.^

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.