Podcasts You Need to Listen To!

Along with audiobooks, I love to listen to podcasts, so I thought today I would share some of my favorites. I love the humor, the things you learn and the entertainment at your fingertips!

http://www.npr.org/rss/podcast/podcast_detail.php?siteId=151861924
 Ask Me Another is a hilarious quiz show. They always have a famous guest and work them into the quizes. Anyone can be part of this show and the questions are all over the board. The show is so witty and borderline naughty, I love listening to it and am always entertained!

http://thisiscriminal.com/
 I randomly found Criminal when I was looking for a few podcasts to download for a roadtrip. I loved the unique stories presented and the way they approached their reporting. I am always intrigued by criminal stories and seeing the POV from the victim or the instigator.

http://themoth.org/radio
 The Moth brings storytelling to a new craft, this is such an interesting podcast and you can really get a new POV from the storytellers. The material is also very diverse, so sometimes I find stories that are super touching.

http://www.radiolab.org/series/podcasts/
 Radiolab is definitely one of my favorite podcasts EVER. It is a lot like This American Life, but with more sound effects and humor, plus such awesome random topics. I have learned so much from this podcast, but have been fully entertained every time I listen. So, so good. If you only check out one podcast I listed, it should definitely be this one.
http://serialpodcast.org/
Serial is new this year, the first season followed the story of a boy who was convicted of killing his girlfriend. Some people believed that he was innocent, so a reporter decided to look into all the details of the case. I love listening, this week is the last episode of season 1 and I cannot wait to see how it ends. They are also working on funding for the second season!

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/
 This American Life is a classic. So many amazing stories and information, it has been on for so long and I love catching the episodes each week. Like Radiolab, you learn so much while being entertained. I like to say that NPR makes me a more interesting person because of all the random information I learn!

http://www.npr.org/programs/wait-wait-dont-tell-me/
And finally, one of my all-time favorites for years - Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me! A humor quiz show on the weekly world news. Amazing host, amazing panel and like Ask Me Another, a little naughty. So delicious!


What are your favorite podcasts? Any you think I should add to my current line up?

https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

7 comments

  1. I'm hooked on Serial! I love book-related podcasts too (Dear Book Nerd, Books on the Nightstand, and Overdue are some favorites) -- but I've run out of new episodes -- not really wanting to dig way back in the archives, I'm on the lookout for new podcasts and will have to check some of these out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never listened to a podcast. Ever. Sounds like I need to try some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard so much about Serial! I have no idea what it is but I'm going to watch it! lol

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never even listened to a podcast *buries head* but I'm going to check these out. Time for something new, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sad Serial is ending this week. I became quickly obsessed! So, this list comes at a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bookmarking! I just started listening to Serial a few days back and have been looking for other podcasts to check out. Thanks for this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Serial and I was so happy to see the final episode was up this morning before I left for work instead of having to wait until I got home. I'll check out some of the others too. Criminal looks like something I might like, and I've been curious about This American Life since getting into Serial.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.