Oh, Christmas Tag!







1.  What is one gift you remember wanting really badly as a kid? Did you get it? 
I always wanted an American Girl doll, but they were outrageously expensive. I would pour over the catalogs and I loved the books so much. 


2. What do you want now? What is your ultimate Christmas wish?
I really want a vacation to Hogwarts. I haven't been on a vacation to somewhere warm for a while and Hogwarts has been calling my name for years! I need some HP time and fun in the sun!



3. Best holiday-themed book you’ve read?
I am currently reading My True Love Gave to Me and I am loving it. It is a anthology of shorts by some of my favorite YA authors!


4. Do you like Christmas movies? Which is your favorite? Or are you all Grinchy like me?
Oh goodness, I seriously love Christmas movies. I watch all three Santa Clauses each year, plus Unaccompanied Minors, Elf, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, The Holiday, Arthur Christmas, Love Actually, Home Alone and whatever else I can get my grubby little Christmas lovin' hands on!



5. Do you dress up for the holidays, or go for comfort?
I like to dress up comfortably! I got this super cute dress from Old Navy for 40% off around Black Friday. 

6. What is the best gift you have ever given someone else? Tell us about it! 
Oh man, I don't really know. I think that sometimes the best gifts I have given are the ones I made, like doing family portraits for my mother and father or something like that.

7. Are there any holiday traditions or customs specific to your region, country, etc? If so, do tell! 
In our area we do a lot of white elephant games and ugly Christmas sweater parties. I did buy a pickle this year to hid in the tree. It is a German tradition and since my husband is German I thought it would be a fun one to start. My family loves to get together, eat loads of food and play lots of games. 

8. Book boyfriend that you’d love to see with a bow under the tree?
Since I am currently reading My True Love Gave to Me, I would have to say that I would love North to be wrapped up under my Christmas tree!

9. Did you do anything special so far to celebrate? Maybe made some cookies, decorated, etc? Show us! 
I had a Christmas Ugly Sweater party at work last week and my house is decorated and ready for family to come to visit!


10. Which book do you really want to find its way to your house for Christmas?
Since I have the second and third book in the series, I would love Shadow and Bone to find it's way under my Christmas tree! That is one series I am definitely going to re-read soon!

http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773

8 comments

  1. That sweater isn't ugly at all.. it's beautiful! I remember entering an ugly sweater contest a few years back and it was so hideous LOL! I've always wanted to read Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. Hope it finds its way to ur house.

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sweater! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always wanted an American Girl doll too, but never got one. Oh well. I'm hoping to get Shadow and Bone in an after Christmas sale! No one bought me books this year :( I hope your Christmas has been awesome!

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas! Which stories from my true love gave to me do you like the most? I've heard some pretty good things about Shadow and Bone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw man, how awesome would it be if we could all go to Hogwarts? Actually, you CAN go to Hogwarts nowadays apparently, LARP style. I would totally be down for that. That dress is beautiful, by the way! And I'm a total sucker for Love Actually - it's my one Christmas tradition. That I watch it every year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas!! Love your Hogwarts answer!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  7. My True Love Gave To Me is my favorite Christmas book! Thank you for sharing, I loved reading your answers :D

    Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved American Girl when I was a kid! I would always ask for a doll at Christmas. That dress from Old Navy is really cute, too :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.