Waiting on Wednesday with Stone Cove Island

The Stepford Wives meets Stephen King in this debut mystery: a sleepy New England beach town is wrecked by a hurricane that reveals an unthinkable 30-year-old secret.

When a catastrophic hurricane devastates Stone Cove Island, a serene New England resort community, everyone pulls together to rebuild. Seventeen-year-old Eliza Elliot volunteers to clean out the island’s iconic lighthouse and stumbles upon a secret in the wreckage: a handwritten, anonymous confession to a thirty-year-old crime.

Bess Linsky’s unsolved murder has long haunted the island, and the letter turns the town inside out. Everyone who knew Bess is suddenly a suspect. Soon Eliza finds herself in the throes of an investigation she never wanted or asked for. As Stone Cove Island fights to recover from disaster, Eliza plunges the locals back into a nightmare they believed was long buried.


 Too bad this doesn't come out until November, because this would be a perfect Halloween read! Doesn't it sound amazing and creepy!


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20819730-stone-cove-island

https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

4 comments

  1. I have this on my tbr and I can't wait to read it. I hope we both enjoy it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... Not totally my thing. But I'm going to watch for your review. It sounds like it could be a intriguing mystery.
    Happy reading!
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. This doesn't sound like my normal type of book, but it sounds interesting enough that I might have to make an exception.

    Dreams @ Once Upon A Dream Books

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.