Review of I'll Give You The Sun

A brilliant, luminous story of first love, family, loss, and betrayal for fans of John Green, David Levithan, and Rainbow Rowell

Jude and her twin brother, Noah, are incredibly close. At thirteen, isolated Noah draws constantly and is falling in love with the charismatic boy next door, while daredevil Jude cliff-dives and wears red-red lipstick and does the talking for both of them. But three years later, Jude and Noah are barely speaking. Something has happened to wreck the twins in different and dramatic ways . . . until Jude meets a cocky, broken, beautiful boy, as well as someone else—an even more unpredictable new force in her life. The early years are Noah's story to tell. The later years are Jude's. What the twins don't realize is that they each have only half the story, and if they could just find their way back to one another, they’d have a chance to remake their world.

This radiant novel from the acclaimed, award-winning author of The Sky Is Everywhere will leave you breathless and teary and laughing—often all at once.
Tell me I will love this book because I love John Green and Rainbow Rowell and I am hooked. I was a little worried about the book when I started, but once Jude started talking, I fell in love with the book.

  • This is one of those books that makes me want to be a writer and makes me so jealous of Jandy's talent. I loved the way the characters thought and felt and experienced life. I couldn't get over the metaphors, analogies, the view of the world, the feels. 
  • Jude. Jude is just so amazing. I want to crawl inside of her and live life through her eyes. I loved her art, her craziness, her love of her grandmother's bible and talking to ghosts. I don't know why but Jude is definitely one of my favorite characters of all time.
  • I love the twists and turns of the story, you see them coming but they fit in seamlessly. It is a jumbled mess, but a perfect jumbled mess. 
  • Oscar. The bad boy with a camera. I am in love! Plus he believes in death bed premonitions and destiny. I would love a book with just Oscar and Jude. Maybe there is a sequel in the works. 
  • Jandy Nelson is amazing. I bow down to her writing talent. I hope that I can meet her one day because I am sure that she has the most amazing brain. I want to sit down and have coffee and listen to her talk. 

  • The only gripe I had was that I could not relate to Noah. I could just not get into his character. I totally understand his part of the book, but his parts were not my favorite. It wasn't enough to make me not love the book. 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20820994-i-ll-give-you-the-sun?from_search=true
 



https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

5 comments

  1. Hmm... I've been watching this book and I'm just not convinced it's the one for me. Haha! I'm glad you loved it though. I know what you mean about an author making you want to write. Some people just have it! On that note, how is NaNoWriMo going for you? Thanks for sharing!

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts exactly Missie! I adored how realistic and beautifully written this was, and how everything really pieced together in the end. Thanks for sharing! <3

    ~ Zoe @ The Infinite To-Read Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been hearing heaps of amazing things about this book, and this review is another push for me to read I'll Give You the Sun. It sounds incredibly beautiful, and I love books that have a captivating writing style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore her writing! The Sky Is Everywhere is my all time favorite. I still haven't read this book, but I plan to soon.
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh again, another positive review for this book! I really should try it :3 I like the idea of a character you fell in love with... it's just a shame that you didn't like Noah's though!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.