Review of Heist Society

When Katarina Bishop was three, her parents took her on a trip to the Louvre…to case it. For her seventh birthday, Katarina and her Uncle Eddie traveled to Austria…to steal the crown jewels. When Kat turned fifteen, she planned a con of her own—scamming her way into the best boarding school in the country, determined to leave the family business behind. Unfortunately, leaving “the life” for a normal life proves harder than she’d expected.

Soon, Kat's friend and former co-conspirator, Hale, appears out of nowhere to bring Kat back into the world she tried so hard to escape. But he has a good reason: a powerful mobster has been robbed of his priceless art collection and wants to retrieve it. Only a master thief could have pulled this job, and Kat's father isn't just on the suspect list, he is the list. Caught between Interpol and a far more deadly enemy, Kat’s dad needs her help.

For Kat, there is only one solution: track down the paintings and steal them back. So what if it's a spectacularly impossible job? She's got two weeks, a teenage crew, and hopefully just enough talent to pull off the biggest heist in her family's history--and, with any luck, steal her life back along the way.


Heist Society is one of those book I have had my TBR forever and just finally picked up. Sadly it was as mind blowing as I wanted it to be. The story had so much potential, but there was just so many times where things were confusing or lacking.

  • The story and plot were fun and intriguing. I loved how the book started off with Kat in trouble for a crime she did not commit.
  • Kat and her family were really interesting, I loved the characters, especially Hale. I was quite confused at first thinking that Hale was a cousin and that she was in love with her cousin, lol.
  • The whole setting up of the heist and the museum was really well done. I had trouble sleeping last night and sat up reading because I needed to know what was going to happen next.

  • There was some serious holes in the story. There are multiple times where I thought I must have gotten the second book in the story or something because their was parts that didn't match up.
  • The world building was really lacking. If the story was described and filled in better, this would have been a five star read, but with all the holes in the story I couldn't come to love it.
    I think I will read more Ally Carter but I am not going to continue with the series.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6574102-heist-society




https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

5 comments

  1. Sounds like an interesting concept. It also sounds a little and I mean a very little like Holly Black's White Cat which is a really good book and a great start to the trilogy. I still have to read Red Glove and Black Heart though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually really love this book but I read it when I was a little younger so maybe I didn't notice the holes.

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this book at the library so many times, but I haven't given it a chance yet. I'm not sure if I'd like it, though. Huge holes in a story always confuse me and I wind up spending half my time rereading to see if I missed something! Frustrating!

    Kristen @ Pretty Little Pages

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked this book but yes I agree, there definitely were times where I'd lose the plot and find myself lost for a bit.
    –B

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is another book that has also been on my TBR for agesss. I am sorry that you didn't like this one as much because of the plot holes :( I might take some more time before I get to this one as well xD

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.