When a plane crash strands thirteen teen beauty contestants on a mysterious island, they struggle to survive, to get along with one another, to combat the island's other diabolical occupants, and to learn their dance numbers in case they are rescued in time for the competition.Written by Libba Bray, the hilarious, sensational, Printz Award-winning author of A Great and Terrible Beauty and Going Bovine. The result is a novel that will make you laugh, make you think, and make you never see beauty the same way again.
- Libba is hilarious. There were quite a few laugh out loud, almost spit out your coffee moments.
- There is a perfect amount of satire about beauty queens and reality of what is it really like to be a girl. I was worried at first that the whole beauty girl bashing was going to be a bit much, but it was ok.
- The story was definitely original and I loved how Libba took on "the Corporation." There definitely is a great message behind the story.
- I really enjoyed some of the girls, I loved how they blossomed and figured out who they are when they are stuck on this island.
- The story just kept going and going. I could not figure out what the plot was and when the story was going to end. First they land on an island and then there is something else and then something else and then something else. It was never ending and felt like a LOT piled into one book.