Review of 45 Pounds


Here are the numbers of Ann Galardi’s life:

She is 16.
And a size 17.
Her perfect mother is a size 6.
Her Aunt Jackie is getting married in 10 weeks, and wants Ann to be her bridesmaid.
So Ann makes up her mind: Time to lose 45 pounds (more or less) in 2 1/2 months.

Welcome to the world of infomercial diet plans, wedding dance lessons, embarrassing run-ins with the cutest guy Ann’s ever seen—-and some surprises about her NOT-so-perfect mother.

And there’s one more thing. It’s all about feeling comfortable in your own skin-—no matter how you add it up!




I seem to be drawn to books about girls transforming themselves. 45 Pounds has been on my radar for a while but I finally decided to pick it up and give it a short. I am glad that I did, it was a perfect diversion to a stressful week.
  • The story was easy going and well-written. It was fast-paced and a super quick read.
  • I enjoyed Ann and could definitely relate. I loved her wittiness and her view of reality. I have always felt uncomfortable with my weight, I am not overweight by much, but definitely have some pounds I want to lose.
  • I love how the book transitioned and it was more than just a weight loss story, there was more depth and feeling in the book. Ann's grandmother was awesome, totally the "cat's pajamas" (you will get this once you read the book). She was a wise old woman who told it like it is definitely more people need to tell the truth honestly but lovingly. 
  • Don't really have any gripes, it was good.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13424250-45-pounds




https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

3 comments

  1. Ohhh, this sounds really good! I love transition stories. I think they make for a fun and inspiring read! I also adore the cover. Awesome review :D

    -Amber @ bookish wonders

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book has been on my radar as well but I hadn't really seen many reviews. So I'm glad you liked it. I'll add it to my definite TBR.
    Happy reading!
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I think I would connect with this character as well. Glad you enjoyed this one. I think I need to read it.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.