Featured Blogger - FefferBooks


This week's Featured Blogger is Jennifer from Fefferbooks. I love the look of her blog and her spunk! Make sure to stop over and say what's up!





1.   Describe yourself in 5 words.
Mom. Reader. Runner. Knitter. Foodie.
2.   Describe your blog in one sentence.
How to sum it all up? How about: Thoughtful, happy YA and adult reviews,with a focus on letting readers know whether or not the book is R-rated.
3.   Why did you start a blog?
I don't read books with a lot of swearing or graphic sexuality--they just don't appeal to me--and I started tagging things as "language alert" or "cover your eyes" as a tongue in cheek way to remind myself what was happening in the books I read. Mostly so that when my mom asked me whether I had any suggestions of titles she could recommend for her book group, I could say, "Oh, maybe not that one.... " Most books got a sentence or two about what I thought.
It got to the point that a whole bunch of my real-life friends were telling me they joined Goodreads just so they could see my recommendations, and it occurred to me that maybe I had an opportunity (and a responsibility) to do a little more, and I might like blogging. So I gave it a whirl, paid for three months of hosting, and fell in love! It's been just over a year now.
4.   Who is your current book crush?
Josh, from Isla and the Happily Ever After. I love how open and raw he is, right from the start.
5.   What’s your TV guilty pleasure when you are not reading?
Uhh...you want me to just pick one?? I watch a ton of TV, which is why I knit: so I can pretend I'm being productive while I watch. It's on summer hiatus right now, but I love The New Girl.
6.   Who would play you in the movie version of your life?
I have NO idea. Someone really goofy, who makes huge, animated facial expressions and laughs a lot. I'm a major dork.
7.   If you could trade places with anyone in the world for one day, who would it be?
My son Jonah. He thinks so differently than I do, and I've always wondered what it's like to be in his head.
8.   What is your favorite web site?
Food52. Love it.
9.   What’s the last song you listened to on your IPod?
"Can't Hold Us" by Mackelmore and whatshisname. It's a great song to run to.
10.  What is the last book you bought?
All the Truth That's in Me by Julie Berry

Stalk Jennifer! Here are her contact links!
Website: http://fefferbooks.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/fefferbooks
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1168584-jen-fefferbooks
Bloglovin': https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/10723199


https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

1 comment

  1. Aww this is very sweet of you to feature other bloggers :) Love the Q & A!

    Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.