I've seen him on the news. Followed the stories about what happened in Ohio. John Smith, out there, on the run. To the world, he's a mystery. But to me . . . he's one of us.
Nine of us came here, but sometimes I wonder if time has changed us—if we all still believe in our mission. How can I know? There are six of us left. We're hiding, blending in, avoiding contact with one another . . . but our Legacies are developing, and soon we'll be equipped to fight. Is John Number Four, and is his appearance the sign I've been waiting for? And what about Number Five and Six? Could one of them be the raven-haired girl with the stormy eyes from my dreams? The girl with powers that are beyond anything I could ever imagine? The girl who may be strong enough to bring the six of us together?
They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They tried to catch Number Four in Ohio—and failed.
I am Number Seven. One of six still alive.
And I'm ready to fight.
- I really liked the introduction of Seven and her story. I cannot imagine how frustrating it would be and how lonely it was in her shoes. I really liked her character and back story.
- I love the little play between Six, Sam and John. I can totally see how being on the run can heighten lustful thoughts and cause some jealousy.
- I love the mystery and secrets, when Sam’s back story came into the picture, I really enjoyed how the puzzle pieces fit together.
- I actually like the story line and world-building a lot and started reading the next book in the series right away. I listened to the first two and am now reading the physical book, so we will have to see if that changes the experience for me.
- Oh Sarah, I don’t know what to think about you know. I definitely want to know what is going on with that situation.
- There were parts of the story that drug on for me. The pacing was just not as fast as it was with I am Number Four.
- The battle scenes are just not really my thing, so the last 30 pages were a little long for me too, but that is definitely just my preference.