Review of Love Me

A new series set in the golden age of glam . . . 
Amanda is heartbroken. She's tried, but she can't get over her breakup with hotshot writer Harry Gordon. If only she could talk to him, she could convince him that their love story is bigger than any screenplay. But Amanda isn't the only one in Hollywood keeping a secret—Harry's got one too.

Margo has to pinch herself: there's talk of her getting an Oscar nom for her first film role, and she's living with the Dane Forrest, the gorgeous movie star millions—including herself—swoon over. But if the public finds out about their domestic arrangement, her career will be over. The studio has a plan to fix it all . . . but is Margo prepared to pay the price?

Gabby's drinking is out of control, but who cares? She's bored and depressed. She needs someone who will treat her like the woman she is beneath the silly stage costumes and pigtails. And she's sure unpredictable musician Eddie Sharp is The One. But playing with bad boys like Eddie isn't for little girls. . . .


I was lucky enough to receive both Starstruck and Love Me in a giveaway and I read them pretty much back to back, so I stayed familiar and involved with the story. Love Me continues right where Starstruck left off.

  • I really liked where the story continued, the development of Margo, Gabby and Amanda in the first book continued in the book and we really got to see all sides to their lives and personalities.
  • This book felt a bit like Gossip Girl in the 1930s. I loved the movie tabloids that are featured in the book, it was interesting to see how the media was spinning everything that was happening in the girls lives.
  • This was a super quick read, I read both books in the car traveling to and back from Montana. They were great reading, kept me entertained but didn't suck up every ounce of my attention so I could still look at the scenery and talk to my parents.
  • There is still a mystery that is woven through the story and it has yet to be revealed. I am definitely excited to continue with this series, I almost wished I would have waited so I could binge-read the whole thing.

  • The whole situation with Margo and Dane was the one thing that frustrated me. I thought she was acting like such a baby, I realize that she is still a young adult and new in Hollywood, but seriously girl, get your act together! I do suspect that she will grow into the girl I want her to be more in the next book.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17573643-love-me




https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

7 comments

  1. Sounds like such a fun series! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard about this book before, thank you for sharing.
    I love old movies so it should work out for me perfectly.
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1930's Hollywood sounds like a super interesting and fun read. I don't know the last time I read anything that was set in the 30's.
    Happy reading!
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like these books are something I'd like, but I still haven't read them!
    Great review :)
    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't heard about these but sounds like a fun read

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's always nice when you have a few books in a series and so you're able to read them the one after the other. It's also great to see this one was once again a good one! great review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. never heard of this one, but gossip girl in 1930s? sounds fun

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.