Review of The Fault in Our Stars Movie Review

Here I am a blubbering mess. I have made the semi-unfortunate mistake of renting The Fault in Our Stars to watch while I am riding in the car. I should have known, from the fact that I was crying on the stationary bike at the gym, that I should not watch this morning in public, even if it was just with my dad and step-mom. I tried to stifle my sobs and not let the tears run down my face, but alas, it was a struggle not to weep. (We can preface that I am a crier, it happens, deal with it).

I am going to step out of my normal reviewing structure just because I was so in love with this moving that there isn't a single gripe to be had.

Let me first tell you that Ansel Elgort did an amazing job as Augustus Waters. He was so amazingly, exactly what I pictured in my head that it felt like he was ripped from my imagination. He was witty, caring, selfless, smart and freaking cute. I could not have picked a better actor.

Shailene Woodley also did a great job as Hazel. I feel like I have seen her so much lately that I had notions that she would not do as well as Hazel, but I was pleasantly surprised.

The acting was great, they really brought the story to life and I loved Hazel's parents, the atmosphere and the way the movie was created. I especially loved the texts and emails on the screen, they did a great job bringing the relationship to life.

So make sure you snuggle under a blanket with a box of tissues and that you are alone, or at least only with someone who won't make fun of your crocodile tears. Well done, The Fault in Our Stars, well done.



https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

7 comments

  1. I really enjoyed the movie too. I did see it in threatres, so I did also cry in public. But thankfully I sat in the back row, it was also a weekday afternoon(so only moms and their babies), and of course I came prepared with a bunch of tissues.
    Happy reading!
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked this one, Missie; I really enjoyed the relationship between Hazel and her parents. They did a really nice job overall - with everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww yeah you shouldn't have watched this one in public, but then again I was watching it in a cinema full of people and sobbing like there is no tomorrow! I totally understand how it is. Anyhow I'm so glad you loved it. Great review, Missie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm quite anxious about this one so I haven't read the book neither seen the movie... one day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh! We've had quite the same reaction to this movie, Missie! I lasted all of two minutes before I dissolved into tears. It was absolutely heart wrenching. I definitely agree with you that Ansel Elgort was the perfect Augustus Waters. He embodied everything about that character. I'm getting a bit misty eyed just remembering it.

    Kristen @ Pretty Little Pages

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your gushing review of this movie. Is it reminiscent of Mandy Moore's 'A Walk to Remember', in being a sad ending?

    Net
    It's a Wonderful Movie
    http://itsawonderfulmovie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.