Review of Crown of Midnight

"A line that should never be crossed is about to be breached.

It puts this entire castle in jeopardy—and the life of your friend."


From the throne of glass rules a king with a fist of iron and a soul black as pitch. Assassin Celaena Sardothien won a brutal contest to become his Champion. Yet Celaena is far from loyal to the crown. She hides her secret vigilantly; she knows that the man she serves is bent on evil.

Keeping up the deadly charade becomes increasingly difficult when Celaena realizes she is not the only one seeking justice. As she tries to untangle the mysteries buried deep within the glass castle, her closest relationships suffer. It seems no one is above questioning her allegiances—not the Crown Prince Dorian; not Chaol, the Captain of the Guard; not even her best friend, Nehemia, a foreign princess with a rebel heart.

Then one terrible night, the secrets they have all been keeping lead to an unspeakable tragedy. As Celaena's world shatters, she will be forced to give up the very thing most precious to her and decide once and for all where her true loyalties lie...and whom she is ultimately willing to fight for.


I started into Crown of Midnight right after Throne of Glass and I was immediately SUCKED in! I seriously was fangirling at 5% of the book. I loved Throne of Glass, but then Crown of Midnight got even better. I was blown away.

  • I loved the storyline. I love the mystery that Calaena discovers, the riddles and secrets. There definitely is enough material for 5 to 6 books and I think this series can become just as beloved as Harry Potter. These would make amazing movies, if done correctly.
  • I romance between Calaena and Chaol is SO swoony. I sometimes gag when book romances are cheesy, but this one was perfect for me. So, no spoilers, the end of the book was harder for me.
  • I loved the magical world that Maas has created. She is amazing at world-building. I have to put her on a pedestal for that.
  • Dorian’s discovery of himself and who he is and his future was awesome, I cannot wait for that part of the story to unfold.
  • I loved Calaena even more in this book, she was more herself, really coming into her own, but know that she actually might need people around to help her.

  • None!

“The kiss obliterated her. It was like coming home or being born or suddenly finding an entire half of herself that had been missing. His lips were hot and soft against hers—still tentative, and after a moment, he pulled back far enough to look into her eyes. She trembled with the need to touch him everywhere at once, to feel him touching her everywhere at once. He would give up everything to go with her. She twined her arms around his neck, her mouth meeting his in a second kiss that knocked the world out from under her.” – Chapter 23

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17167166-crown-of-midnight?from_search=true




https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

7 comments

  1. Wow! No complaints at all? I say this every time I read a review for any of the books in this series, but maybe it's time for me to finally pick it up! Thanks for sharing!

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just picked up this series. I'm glad you really enjoyed this book because I'm right about to get into it. Great review! I just can't wait to dive into it now :D

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Review! This series is AMAZING! have you had a chance to grab the novellas? I suggest reading them before you read Heir of Fire, and when you finally read Heir of Fire, block off a good chunk of time because you won't want to put it down!

    Emily @ Follow the Yellow Book Road

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another series I must add to my list, I still have those Cinder ones to read that you recommended!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to try this series mainly as I have the books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So i see you loved this!? i give this book a chance once but the writing kinda bothered me. i might go back to it some day.
    Boyanna @The Bookmaidens

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.