Review of Stitching Snow (DNF)

Princess Snow is missing.

Her home planet is filled with violence and corruption at the hands of King Matthias and his wife as they attempt to punish her captors. The king will stop at nothing to get his beloved daughter back—but that’s assuming she wants to return at all.

Essie has grown used to being cold. Temperatures on the planet Thanda are always sub-zero, and she fills her days with coding and repairs for the seven loyal drones that run the local mines.

When a mysterious young man named Dane crash-lands near her home, Essie agrees to help the pilot repair his ship. But soon she realizes that Dane’s arrival was far from accidental, and she’s pulled into the heart of a war she’s risked everything to avoid. With the galaxy’s future—and her own—in jeopardy, Essie must choose who to trust in a fiery fight for survival.


I was so excited for Stitching Snow but it was not at all what I expected it to be and I could not get through it. I DNF at 29%. The story just moved WAY to slowly for me, the writing was so technical, and even though I am an electronic nerd, this just seemed overwhelming. I wanted more story instead of more technology lingo. I just felt the story was really lacking the emotion I wanted it to give. It is really hard for me to DNF because I want to give the book the full respect, but this one was just not my ideal book and with a TBR so large, it does not make sense to drag myself through it.

Don’t take just my opinion before you choose to read, because many others enjoyed the story. Stitching Snow has 305 ratings on Goodreads and an average of 4.01 stars.

Melissa Landers reviewed and said “Awe. Some. If you like sci-fi, kick-ass heroines, plot twists, action, romance…basically all the things that make fiction worth reading…then add this to your to-read list, pronto. This is such a cleaver spin on the Snow White fairy tale. Loved it!”

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16067008-stitching-snow?from_search=true

https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

15 comments

  1. Too bad you didn't click with this one. I'll be reading it soon, hopefully I enjoy it more than you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that's a shame. Too bad the technology talk overwhelmed the actual story! I've seen a few up and down reviews. I'm planning on waiting to see if my library gets it in after it releases.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I never see you DNF! But sometimes books just don't click, no matter how hard you want to give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have to review this one. Well I have to read it first. I hope I have better luck than you. But I'm glad you DNF'd. I DNF a lot. Like you said, no point wasting your time when there's a billion other books on your TBR to get to.
    Happy reading!
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh no... I wanted it to be really good too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like I was missing something as well! I ended up finishing it, but I was really tempted to DNF it most of the way through.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And I have just finished this one. Yes it was slow at the start but it does get better and there were also some twists and turns that I didn't expect to see here. Still too bad you DNFed it. Hope that your next read is much better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one had me curious, but reading your review, I'd say it's one that "not's for me." Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww...I'm sorry to hear that Missie! :( I was really anticipating this one, so I'm disappointed to hear that it wasn't for you. Thanks for sharing your honest thoughts though! :D

    ~ Zoe @ The Infinite To-Read Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww...I"m sorry you didn't like it. I hadn't heard of it, but it actually sounds pretty good, and I love fairy tale retellings. Still...I have a lot to read right now, and you didn't like it, so I won't rush into it. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry you didn't like this one. I haven't heard of it either. Hope the next read is better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no, that sucks that was a DNF. Slow beginnings can really put a damper on things. I still need to read this soon for review too, eep!
    Hopefully your next read is better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear this was not for you especially as you had been looking forward to it. I hope your next book is better.
    http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was going to add this one to my most anticipated releases but then I read a couple of reviews that contained my worst nightmares when it comes to books! Slow pacing and huge on the technicalities is something I am never into!

    It is a shame that you did not like this one. Nothing worse than a book you was looking forward to falling short!

    Thanks for sharing & new follower! :)

    Alex @ The Shelf Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're not the first person I've seen marking this as DNF. It sounds like the prose is kind of off-putting. I want to try this book, but I'll adjust my expectations :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.