Review of Pretty Little Liars

 Three years ago, Alison disappeared after a slumber party, not to be seen since. Her friends at the elite Pennsylvania school mourned her, but they also breathed secret sighs of relief. Each of them guarded a secret that only Alison had known. Now they have other dirty little secrets, secrets that could sink them in their gossip-hungry world. When each of them begins receiving anonymous emails and text messages, panic sets in. Are they being betrayed by some one in their circle? Worse yet: Is Alison back? A strong launch for a suspenseful series.
I am sucked into the Pretty Little Liars show but it kills me that it goes on FOREVER! This seriously needs to be the last season already. I thought I would give the book a shot, but then it was REALLY daunting thinking about reading the whole series.


  • Since I was familiar with the TV characters, I really enjoyed reading how the author created them before they were commercialized.
  • It was really neat getting the extra depth to the characters that TV just doesn’t have the capabilities of getting into. I really liked getting to know Emily and Hannah a little more.
  • I love Ezra and Aria so much and that was so awesome getting to read more of their story.
  • I was surprised at how well the show followed the first book. I know that the show has really changed directions and plot, but it was nice to see how closely it started.

  • Nothing major, it just felt like a conversation and the end just kinda happened. It was entertaining but just felt like you kept wanting to say “and then” to move it along or get some climax.
  • I am not going to continue with the series, I will finish the show and be happy with that.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/162085.Pretty_Little_Liars?from_search=true



https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

7 comments

  1. I was sucked into those show until last season maybe? I can't remember. I can remember loving it and watching the first season in a few days but it got to be to much of the same thing over and over to keep my attention. And the fact they kept screwing up relationships it left nothing to root for. I hear ya, the series sounds daunting which is why I haven't picked it up yet. Good to hear they started off following the first book. I honestly don't know when I will start this series...I don't know it's so many books and I don't want it to drag on like the show is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched a couple of episodes and they were entertaining, but not enough to get me hooked :/. That's why I'm not interested in reading the books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this before it became a TV show and must admit that I prefer the books ».« though the TV series is awesome too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember this book being a fun, guilty pleasure - so much happens! I keep meaning to catch up with the show, since I liked that much more.

    Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'll be a little old lady by the time I find out who A is. I'm sort of feeling like I'm growing tired of all of the who is A stuff. Great review on the book though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I watched the first season of this series, but just lost interest for some reason. Is the book series finished? I think I'd rather find out who A really is that way. :-)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  7. My little sister sucked me into the show. I watched the first episode and was hooked! I love Hannah and Aria. I actually bought the first book for .50 a few years ago, but never got around to reading it. I told my sister we should at least try it. =)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.