Review of I am Number Four

In the beginning they were a group of nine. Nine aliens who left their home planet of Lorien when it fell under attack by the evil Mogadorian. Nine aliens who scattered on Earth. Nine aliens who look like ordinary teenagers living ordinary lives, but who have extraordinary, paranormal skills. Nine aliens who might be sitting next to you now. The Nine had to separate and go into hiding.

The Mogadorian caught Number One in Malaysia, Number Two in England, and Number Three in Kenya. All of them were killed. John Smith, of Paradise, Ohio, is Number Four. He knows that he is next.

I AM NUMBER FOUR is the thrilling launch of a series about an exceptional group of teens as they struggle to outrun their past, discover their future—and live a normal life on Earth.
I remember watching I am Number Four quite a while ago, and while kinda interesting, the movie just wasn’t enough to make me want to reach for the series. While visiting my friends Lisa (aka United Cakedom), she mentioned that the series was actually really good and much better than the movie (normal right?!). So I decided to give the audiobook a shot. The audiobook was 11 hours, 35 minutes long, read by Neil Kaplan.

  • I was sucked in, the writing was so easy-going and fast paced that you just started to flow with the story.
  • I really enjoyed both John and his handler. The lengths that they have to go to, to stay safe are tough and the mystery behind picking up and starting over was really interesting.
  • I really thought the world building with the alien races was well done. Everything was understandable, the unknown was explained and made sense.
  • Sarah and Sam were really awesome side characters. I enjoyed both their personalities and am excited to see them more in the rest of the series.
  • The bad guys were well done, they were creepy, had good skills and kept enough action in the story.
  • Six was awesome. I have already started the 2nd book in the series, The Power of Six, and am loving finding out more about her. I am very excited to learn about all 9 and see how different their stories are!

  • Not really anything, I enjoyed it and am excited to see where the story goes.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7747374-i-am-number-four





https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

8 comments

  1. I still haven't read this book nor seen the movie, even though it's so popular. I've been avoiding spoilers all the time as I really want to get to it someday. I'm so happy that you gave this book a chance and that you enjoyed it at the end. Great review, Missie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you liked this as much as I did Missie! I completely agree with everything you've said - the world-building was spectacular and the writing was decent and easy to follow. Six is my favorite character of the entire series, so I'm glad you're liking her. ;) Thanks for sharing Missie, and BRILLIANT review! Can't wait to see what you think of the rest of the series.

    ~ Zoe @ The Infinite To-Read Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't read this, or seen the movie. It was so hyped up at the time, but now I'm kind of curious about it living up to expectations! Thank you for sharing your thoughts :)

    - Wattle @ Whimsical Nature

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the movie, it was nice but not amazing so I never tried the book. Maybe I should.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never read the book but I watched the movie, maybe I should get on reading this.

    I also wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the one lovely blog award at my blog scripturiently.wordpress.com. If you've already received this award before that's fine, but I had to let you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read this book after seeing the movie, and of course I loved it! I also loved The Power of Six, but for some reason never started the Rise of Nine... I will have to add it back to my TBR list

    PS I've tagged you again - this time for the Ten Book Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Missie!

    I just wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award! You can find more information on my blog HERE. Feel no obligation to accept, I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your blog! :]

    <3 Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember wishing there was more of Six, so it sounds like I need to start the sequel! She was my favorite character!

    Awesome review :D

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.