New Fall TV Show - Forever is a Must Watch

 
I have to tell you that I am in love with new ABC series, Forever. It is so perfectly the blend of everything I love. There is mystery, fantasy, historical flashback plus solving crimes all in one show. SO good. I watched both the pilot and the second episode back to back and I ached to binge watch the entire series. This is definitely going to be my new favorite series of this Fall even though I haven't watched many others yet.

So the premise - the main character, Henry, played by Ioan Gruffudd. He did such an amazing job with the character so far. His story is that he cannot stay dead. He can get shot, impaled, hit by a car, you name it, but he "survives" death by waking up in water. He is also super smart and can "see everything" around him. I love how he can take one look at the scene and know exactly what is going on. So magic. He is a medical examiner and starts to work with a pretty nice looking detective.

The side characters, the detective played by Alana De La Garza and Abe played by Judd Hirsch are so awesome. I cannot wait to see how their stories develop more, especially Abe. Don't want to spoil things, but he has a pretty neat start and is the only other person that knows Henry's story.

There are also flashbacks to Abigail, played by Mackenzie Mauzy. Abigail is Henry's love and something tragic must have happened, but we do not know the story yet. We get to see these cool flashbacks to the 1940s when they were together.

There is also this mysterious man who knows Henry's secret, but we do not know exactly how and it sounds like he may have the same secret. This mystery is also slowly unfolding.

So, we have so many amazing layers that make for a smart, entertaining show! I cannot wait until next week for the next episode! Forever airs on Tuesdays at 9pm central! Check it out!


https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

10 comments

  1. I really enjoyed the Pilot. Very well-written. I have yet to watch the 2nd episode, but I'm already in love with the story and the characters. It's definitely a must watch... Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am going to add this to my to watch tv shows (which apparently is growing and growing and....growing) He sounds cool too! Can't wait XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aah, I keep forgetting I need to add this to our queue! Thanks for the writeup. It looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks insanely good, right up my street! Nice post :)


    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really loved the pilot episode. This one is definitely looks like it is going to be a great series!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I have this one to try, I'm curious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did't like the first thirty minutes of Forever but with the last 30 I was hooked. The second episode sunk those hooks even deeper. On my DRV to record.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love pretty much everything ABC does. So I'll be checking this show out. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved this show!!!! Reminds me a bit of Sherlock with how he solves cases and how his mind works, but it's so good! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Classic television shows now available on DVD and video have created a new way to ensure that those beloved memories are not lost.
    netflix tv shows

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.