Waiting on Wednesday with The Summer of Chasing Mermaids

Sometimes, there are no words…

The youngest of six talented sisters, Elyse d’Abreau was destined for stardom—until a boating accident took everything from her. Now, the most beautiful singer in Tobago can’t sing. She can’t even speak.

Seeking quiet solitude, Elyse accepts a friend’s invitation to Atargatis Cove. Named for the mythical first mermaid, the Oregon seaside town is everything Elyse’s home in the Caribbean isn’t: An ocean too cold for swimming, parties too tame for singing, and people too polite to pry—except for one.

Christian Kane is a notorious playboy—insolent, arrogant, and completely charming. He’s also the only person in Atargatis Cove who doesn’t treat Elyse like a glass statue. He challenges her to express herself, and he admires the way she treats his younger brother Sebastian, who believes Elyse is the legendary mermaid come to life.

When Christian needs a first mate for the Cove’s high-stakes Pirate Regatta, Elyse reluctantly stows her fear of the sea and climbs aboard. The ocean isn’t the only thing making waves, though—swept up in Christian’s seductive tide and entranced by the Cove’s charms, Elyse begins to wonder if a life of solitude isn’t what she needs. But changing course again means facing her past. It means finding her inner voice. And scariest of all, it means opening her heart to a boy who’s best known for breaking them . . .


I really enjoyed #Scandal and have heard that Sarah has other amazing reads, so I will definitely have to get my hands on The Summer of Chasing Mermaids.


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22840182-the-summer-of-chasing-mermaids


https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

17 comments

  1. I've liked the Ockler books I've read as well. And this one sounds great! I'm now really excited to get my hands on it. Thanks! :D
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read anything from Ockler and this one sounds like a good one to start with. Great pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been seeing this one everywhere of late. It does sound like a nice contemporary.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen this one around and I really like the cover :) I haven't read any of the Ockler's stories so I cannot wait to do so :) Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds great! I haven't read #Scandal, but it is in my reading list!

    My WoW

    Isabel @ liberamans

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keyword: notorious playlist. I haven't read any of Ockler's book, but this one sounds pretty generic. Plus, not everyone in Oregon is polite, hahah. Nice pic!

    Tori @ Bookish Affairs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any Sarah Ockler, but this sounds intriguing. I might give one of her books a try!

    - Kritika @ Snowflakes & Spider silk

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds good! I'm adding it to my to read list. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that cover is gorgeous. I had added this to my goodreads awhile back, but it hadn't had a cover then. Super excited for this! Great pick.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm an old follower :)

    Axie @ Books are Bread

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks really good, definitely putting it on my tbr shelf! I can't wait to hear what you think of it! Thanks for the follow and stopping by my corner of the internet:)

    Happy Reading
    Kal-El @ the BookGeekBeauty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like fun! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to read this one. I hope we both enjoy it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read any Ockler books, even though I own Twenty Boy Summer, but this one sounds AMAZING! Thanks for sharing; I'd have missed it otherwise I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Niice! I like the story and might just read it. Thank you for visiting our blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't read any of Sarah's books, but this one sounds interesting. Great pick. Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I didn't really enjoy #scandal, but the writing was great so maybe I'll have to give one of her other stories a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds good! :)
    Thanks for stopping by my WoW.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.