Review of Witch and Wizard


The world is changing: the government has seized control of every aspect of society, and now, kids are disappearing. For 15-year-old Wisty and her older brother Whit, life turns upside down when they are torn from their parents one night and slammed into a secret prison for no reason they can comprehend. The New Order, as it is known, is clearly trying to suppress Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Being a Normal Teenager. But while trapped in this totalitarian nightmare, Wisty and Whit discover they have incredible powers they'd never dreamed of. Can this newly minted witch and wizard master their skills in time to save themselves, their parents--and maybe the world?

After listening to "Confessions of a Murder Suspect" and really enjoying the book, I thought I would continue on with some James Patterson goodness and listen to Witch & Wizard. Sadly, it was just not developed enough for me to love it. 

  • The story had all the parts to be great. I could see this being right up there with Harry Potter, if was developed more.
  • I like the main characters, brother and sister Whit and Whisty. i love the difference in their personalities and the snarky personality of Whisty.
  • There were some awesome side characters. I really liked some of the kids at the store and Whit's girlfriend. 
  • The villain is interesting, i kinda saw him a lot like Snape, you can't really tell if he was good or bad. 

  • As amazing as the story could have been, the world building and plot just feel a little short. Sometimes the world building description would be really good, but then the next part it would be rushed and lacking.
  • I just wanted more. There was so many times that felt lagging and then others that were rushed. I really felt like the plot and climax of the book just didn't flow so well. 
  • I am not really interested in continuing on with this series, so Whit and Whisty - I wish you luck.
 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7054178-witch-and-wizard?from_search=true
 



https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

7 comments

  1. Yeah, I tried reading another one after the Confessions series, didn't end well either. I think that series is more dependent on the co-author than him, probably. :( So yeah, don't think I'll be starting this series anytime soon.

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this one, but when a book leaves you with wanting for more (in a bad way) then it's really not a good one. I'm sorry that this one wasn't as good as it sounded. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes I remember seeing this one a whole ago but I don't remember the reviews. I'm sorry it wasn't for you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, my thoughts, too. I finished the trilogy off a few years ago and I thought it was alright. The ending was satisfying enough. But than he went ahead and continued with more books. Some authors just never know when to quite...Anyhow, I definitely say you've made the right choice by not bothering with the next two books. Not worth it.
    Happy reading!
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this one too and thought it was just "meh". I wanted more from the world and the characters but I never got any of it. I don't even remember much from it, I was just reading it to pass the time :P

    Nice review Missie!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I considered reading this but never felt really compelled. It's a good thing too, because it sounds like I didn't miss anything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, I've actually never read anything by James Patterson... I guess this is a crime or something, but ehh. I'm a rebel. :P This book sounds like it had a pretty good premise so it's too bad it didn't live up to your expectations. Thanks for sharing!

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.