Review of Shadow Kiss

It's springtime at St. Vladimir's Academy, and Rose Hathaway is this close to graduation. Since making her first Strigoi kills, Rose hasn't been feeling quite right. She's having dark thoughts, behaving erratically, and worst of all... might be seeing ghosts.

As Rose questions her sanity, new complications arise. Lissa has begun experimenting with her magic once more, their enemy Victor Dashkov might be set free, and Rose's forbidden relationship with Dimitri is starting to heat up again. But when a deadly threat no one saw coming changes their entire world, Rose must put her own life on the line - and choose between the two people she loves most.






Since I have been struggling through the second book in the Game of Thrones series, A Clash of Kings, I decided to start another “easy” read to break up the girth of A Clash of Kings. I decided to continue on with the Vampire Academy series reading the third book, Shadow Kiss.

  • The same favorite characters are in the book, Dimitri, Christian, Lissa, Mason (hint hint) are all there. It is nice to get to know these characters and really have their identities build as the series goes on.
  • Victor comes back into the picture, along with some more information on the history of being shadow kissed, so that was interesting to see what affect the shadow kiss could have, not only on Lissa, but also on Rose.
  • Oh dream Dimitri. I seriously think he has to have the number one spot on my book boyfriend list right now. He is just so damn dreamy. I think I need to go home and watch the movie tonight just to see more Dimitri!
  • The end of the book, like the last 150 pages rocked. I switched over to listening to the audiobook and I did not want to stop listening. I even wore my headphones to listen while I was working.

  • Saying that the last 150 pages were amazing leads to the reason I did not give this book a five star review. I was kinda bored during the beginning of the book. I felt like there was so much build up to the last part of the climax and action that I just kept dragging through reading knowing that it had to get better. That saying, it definitely redeemed itself and now I am really excited to continue with the next part of the series.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2802316-shadow-kiss?from_search=true




https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

5 comments

  1. I started this series earlier this year. I've loved the first three book so far and plan on reading the fourth text month. I am actually a fan of Adrian Ivashkov and Christian Ozera. I would add both of them to my book boyfriend list, but my blog partners are both Team Dimitri :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww to bad that you found yourself bored. But I'm happy the last bit saved it for you. Shadow Kiss is definitely my favourite of the series. The next three definitely bring it as well. There's a lot to go down. *evil laugh*
    Happy reading!
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait...she sees ghosts AND she's a vampire? The ghost thing threw me off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LET'S ALL KISS DMITRI BELIKOV! Glad that this series is going so well for you-I loved it so much at one point. Good luck with GoT, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only read the first book in the series but I think I should try the second one day because book 1 was nice.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.