It's springtime at St. Vladimir's Academy, and Rose Hathaway is this close to graduation. Since making her first Strigoi kills, Rose hasn't been feeling quite right. She's having dark thoughts, behaving erratically, and worst of all... might be seeing ghosts.
As Rose questions her sanity, new complications arise. Lissa has begun experimenting with her magic once more, their enemy Victor Dashkov might be set free, and Rose's forbidden relationship with Dimitri is starting to heat up again. But when a deadly threat no one saw coming changes their entire world, Rose must put her own life on the line - and choose between the two people she loves most.
- The same favorite characters are in the book, Dimitri, Christian, Lissa, Mason (hint hint) are all there. It is nice to get to know these characters and really have their identities build as the series goes on.
- Victor comes back into the picture, along with some more information on the history of being shadow kissed, so that was interesting to see what affect the shadow kiss could have, not only on Lissa, but also on Rose.
- Oh dream Dimitri. I seriously think he has to have the number one spot on my book boyfriend list right now. He is just so damn dreamy. I think I need to go home and watch the movie tonight just to see more Dimitri!
- The end of the book, like the last 150 pages rocked. I switched over to listening to the audiobook and I did not want to stop listening. I even wore my headphones to listen while I was working.
- Saying that the last 150 pages were amazing leads to the reason I did not give this book a five star review. I was kinda bored during the beginning of the book. I felt like there was so much build up to the last part of the climax and action that I just kept dragging through reading knowing that it had to get better. That saying, it definitely redeemed itself and now I am really excited to continue with the next part of the series.