Review of Frostbite (Vampire Academy 2)

Rose loves Dimitri, Dimitri might love Tasha, and Mason would die to be with Rose...

It’s winter break at St. Vladimir’s, but Rose is feeling anything but festive. A massive Strigoi attack has put the school on high alert, and now the Academy’s crawling with Guardians—including Rose’s hard-hitting mother, Janine Hathaway. And if hand-to-hand combat with her mom wasn’t bad enough, Rose’s tutor Dimitri has his eye on someone else, her friend Mason’s got a huge crush on her, and Rose keeps getting stuck in Lissa’s head while she’s making out with her boyfriend, Christian! The Strigoi are closing in, and the Academy’s not taking any risks... This year, St. Vlad’s annual holiday ski trip is mandatory.

But the glittering winter landscape and the posh Idaho resort only create the illusion of safety. When three friends run away in an offensive move against the deadly Strigoi, Rose must join forces with Christian to rescue them. But heroism rarely comes without a price...


In the middle of reading the second Game of Thrones book, A Clash of Kings, I needed a little “no thinking” reading, so I started Frostbite. I enjoyed Vampire Academy enough to read through the series and numerous people told me they binge-read the whole series in just a week. It definitely was a lot quicker read than A Clash of Kings!

  • All my favorite characters are present and active in the book. Sometimes a series drops off some characters since they are not the main part of the story, so I was glad that everyone was involved.
  • Rose’s mother had a larger role in the book and it was interesting to learn more about her and her life choices. I am assuming that as the series goes on we will get to know her better and see Rose’s understand grow.
  • Dimitri, oh my steamy boy. He is so rough sometimes but then a huge softy. He is just so dark and mysterious that you have to figure him out!
  • Mason was so cute in this book too. He really takes his crush on Rose up a notch, I know that this was kinda love triangle, but it didn’t really bother me, maybe because of the outcome.
  • The story flowed fairly well, there was a point in the middle where I felt a little bored, but not enough to stop reading. The ending was written really well, a complete plot and no huge cliffhanger, but enough to keep you reading the series.

  • Oh Rose, you make such horrible decisions sometimes. I know that I did that as a teen too, I was impulsive and passive-aggressive, just like Rose. Looking back at both her and myself in high school, I just want to scream “stop!” So although I am counting this as a gripe, I know that it is pretty realistic.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8256764-frostbite




https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

No comments

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.