Review of The Distance Between Us

Seventeen-year-old Caymen Meyers studies the rich like her own personal science experiment, and after years of observation she’s pretty sure they’re only good for one thing—spending money on useless stuff, like the porcelain dolls in her mother’s shop.

So when Xander Spence walks into the store to pick up a doll for his grandmother, it only takes one glance for Caymen to figure out he’s oozing rich. Despite his charming ways and that he’s one of the first people who actually gets her, she’s smart enough to know his interest won’t last. Because if there’s one thing she’s learned from her mother’s warnings, it’s that the rich have a short attention span. But Xander keeps coming around, despite her best efforts to scare him off. And much to her dismay, she's beginning to enjoy his company.

She knows her mom can’t find out—she wouldn’t approve. She’d much rather Caymen hang out with the local rocker who hasn’t been raised by money. But just when Xander’s attention and loyalty are about to convince Caymen that being rich isn’t a character flaw, she finds out that money is a much bigger part of their relationship than she’d ever realized. And that Xander’s not the only one she should’ve been worried about.


I haven’t picked up anything written by Kasie West yet, so I decided The Distance Between Us would be a great beach read for the 4th. It was so quick and easy that it was perfect for reading when I could have distractions. It was a super fast read, I think I had it done in a couple hours at the most.

  • The story was entertaining, definitely something you have seen before, but still could stand on its own.
  • The doll store was so crazy, I am terrified of dolls and that part of the story just baffled me as how someone would want to own a store full of dolls and then live right above it.
  • The twists in the story I didn’t really see coming, so that was good to be a little surprised.
  • Zander was a little cutie, I loved how they would take each other on “dates” that involved trying out new things to possibly do for a living. That is a fun idea!
  • There was a bit of an odd love triangle. Sometimes I just don’t even really see why it is necessary and I think there was already enough going on not to need the love triangle.
  • The book was good but it wasn’t amazing. I didn’t fully love Kassie’s writing style, but not enough to stop reading this one or not read anything else she wrote. I am still looking forward to reading the Pivot Point series.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15283043-the-distance-between-us




https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

No comments

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.