Review of Confessions of a Murder Suspect

James Patterson returns to the genre that made him famous with a thrilling teen detective series about the mysterious and magnificently wealthy Angel family... and the dark secrets they're keeping from one another.

On the night Malcolm and Maud Angel are murdered, Tandy Angel knows just three things: She was the last person to see her parents alive. The police have no suspects besides Tandy and her three siblings. She can't trust anyone -— maybe not even herself.

Having grown up under Malcolm and Maud's intense perfectionist demands, no child comes away undamaged. Tandy decides that she will have to clear the family name, but digging deeper into her powerful parents' affairs is a dangerous -- and revealing -- game. Who knows what the Angels are truly capable of?



I have never read anything by James Patterson, so when Confessions of a Murder Suspect came up in my audiobook search at the library, I thought it was a good time to give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised how well the story flowed and kept me intrigued. The audiobook was read by Emma Galvin and was 6 hours, 5 minutes long.
I loved the Angel family, they were so unusual and original. I love learning more about the family, the big chops and the reward adventures they would go on.
This story was like an onion, you just kept listening and more and more layers appeared giving the story more depth.
The murder was interesting, especially because the children were the prime suspects.
I love The Dakota as a backdrop in stories. I really enjoyed it in Emily and Einstein. It is such an awesome old New York building with so much history.
Tandy was awesome, the whole story is told from her POV and she is like a super genius who has no emotion and was so sheltered. She has to figure out who she really is and what her parents made her into.
The Angel apartment had the coolest art. It was so fun to imagine what it looked it and would be liked living in that apartment.

The ending was a bit of a letdown, I guess I got so worked up with the story that when we found out the truth, it wasn’t as much as I had built up in my head. I still enjoyed the story and am looking forward to reading the sequel, The Private School Murders. Both books are free on Goodreads!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13521399-confessions-of-a-murder-suspect




https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

No comments

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.