Review of All-American Girl

Samantha Madison is an average, cool Washington, D.C., teen: She loves Gwen Stefani (who doesn't?), can draw like nobody's business, and enjoys being opposite to her sister's annoying ultra-social personality. But when she ditches art class one day, she doesn't expect to be jumping on the back of a wannabe presidential assassin. Soon the young hero is receiving worldwide acclaim for her bravery, having dinner with her family at the White House, and is even being named teen ambassador to the UN. As if this weren't enough, she and David, the president's son, strike up a friendship that everyone wants the dirt on, which starts to give her romantic "frisson" feelings. Unfortunately, Sam thinks her sister's boyfriend, Jack, is the true love of her life, and she makes a few wrong turns that could screw up what she's developing with David. Will she ever stop following what she knows and start following what she sees?



This summer I have been on a Meg Cabot binge, I think this is my 4th audiobook I have listened to. Someone at the library must really love them, because there are a lot of them available. I definitely think they are fun, easy books, perfect for summer. I think that this one had to be one of my most favorite to listen to.

  • I loved Samantha. She was funny, artsy, creative and a little unsure of herself. She didn’t want to be popular and fall for the trends of “normal” high-schoolers. I thought she was witty and entertaining. I kinda saw Sam like Bay from Switched at Birth.
  • I loved Sam’s top ten lists, they were hilarious and I felt so many times like I do dumb things without thinking too!
  • I always think fictional stories with the President of the United States are interesting. I love the White House and the DC area, so this was a fun location.
  • David was dang cute, I loved how he wanted an original girl and that was why he was interested in Sam.
  • Lucy was fun, I know she was kinda the Queen Bee type character, but she definitely had a heart and knew who she was. It was refreshing to see a character with self-confidence.

  • Nothing major, nothing either horrible or earth shattering, it was just a good, fun story.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/19448.All_American_Girl




https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

No comments

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.