Waiting on Wednesday with Trust Me, I'm Lying



Fans of Ally Carter, especially her Heist Society readers, will love this teen mystery/thriller with sarcastic wit, a hint of romance, and Ocean’s Eleven–inspired action.
Julep Dupree tells lies. A lot of them. She’s a con artist, a master of disguise, and a sophomore at Chicago’s swanky St. Agatha High, where her father, an old-school grifter with a weakness for the ponies, sends her to so she can learn to mingle with the upper crust. For extra spending money Julep doesn’t rely on her dad—she runs petty scams for her classmates while dodging the dean of students and maintaining an A+ (okay, A-) average.
But when she comes home one day to a ransacked apartment and her father gone, Julep’s carefully laid plans for an expenses-paid golden ticket to Yale start to unravel. Even with help from St. Agatha’s resident Prince Charming, Tyler Richland, and her loyal hacker sidekick, Sam, Julep struggles to trace her dad’s trail of clues through a maze of creepy stalkers, hit attempts, family secrets, and worse, the threat of foster care. With everything she has at stake, Julep’s in way over her head . . . but that’s not going to stop her from using every trick in the book to find her dad before his mark finds her. Because that would be criminal.
This sounds like it is right up my alley. I love swanky school aspect! I actually haven't gotten around to Heist Society yet, but I need to to hold me off until this one comes out!

14 comments

  1. Sounds interesting but I'm feeling undecided about if I would want to read it. Great cover though =)
    Monique @ Mo_Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this book is right up my alley! I absolutely adore Heist Society by Ally Carter, it's a super fast paced book. I'm excited for this book to come out now. I hadn't heard of it until this post so thanks Missie :) I'm always looking for more con artist books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely like mystery novels but I'm still undecided for this one.. maybe some reviews will help me decide..

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really good. I'll have to add it to my tbr. Thanks for sharing.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. This isn't something I'd normally read, but it actually sounds pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a good read, I hope you enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh this sounds like my kind of read! Though the last few action books like this I read were a flop but I'll keep trying them! >.< It reminds me of a YA Sins& Needles (well the con artist aspect) which I loved. I also am a fan of this cover - the font treatment is great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh I want to read this one too! It looks great!

    Great pick Missie!

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one sounds like it will be worth the wait.

    http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the title of this one! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier and commenting, and following! I'm following you back on GFC.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It got me with teen mystery/thriller with sarcastic wit, a hint of romance, and Ocean’s Eleven–inspired action!

    Thanks for sharing & stopping by Bookmunchies!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.