Review of Sister Red

Scarlett March lives to hunt the Fenris--the werewolves that took her eye when she was defending her sister Rosie from a brutal attack. Armed with a razor-sharp hatchet and blood-red cloak, Scarlett is an expert at luring and slaying the wolves. She's determined to protect other young girls from a grisly death, and her raging heart will not rest until every single wolf is dead. Rosie March once felt her bond with her sister was unbreakable. Owing Scarlett her life, Rosie hunts ferociously alongside her. But even as more girls' bodies pile up in the city and the Fenris seem to be gaining power, Rosie dreams of a life beyond the wolves. She finds herself drawn to Silas, a young woodsman who is deadly with an ax and Scarlett's only friend--but does loving him mean betraying her sister and all that they've worked for?




Sister’s Red was recommended by The Notebook Sisters a while ago because they loved the relationship between the sisters. I love my sister a lot too and it is hard to be so far away from her. She lives about 12 hours away, so we don’t get to see each other super often. Luckily we have Skype, so that helps a lot! I listened to the audiobook, it was 9 hours, 42 minutes long.

  • The story was a retelling of Little Red Riding Hood, so I really enjoyed that. I really liked the spin-off and how the story progressed.
  • Like Scarlett and Rosie were so unique and different from each other. My sister and I are like that too, we love each other a lot, but we are definitely very different. That does cause some arguments, but for the most part we get along well. Rosie and Scarlett were the same and I really enjoyed their realistic relationship.
  • I really enjoyed Silas. I felt like he had a great view on the world, and one that is still commonplace now. Silas knew there was evil in the world, but he also knew that giving up your life to fight evil meant that you did not get to enjoy the good things around you.
  • The book was well-written and well-paced. Sometimes it was a bit slow, but it didn’t bother me at all. I loved that the book was read by three different voices, it really brought the story to life.

  • I can’t really think of anything major. Maybe I would have liked a little more resolution or closer with the Fenris, but other than that, it was enjoyable.









https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

9 comments

  1. And here I am thinking that this book was gothic. It's a retelling! *gasps* Now I am really curious about this. I am glad that you liked this. Thank goodness hat nothing major got in the way to like this book. I might as well give this a try soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I'm just now discovering how awesome retellings can be so this review makes me really want to read this! And of course the cover is gorgeous. Thanks so much for sharing!

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh a retelling, I love these little ones but I haven't read this one I confess, I should it sounds nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its years that I have this one in my wishlist. I didn't like retelling very much but I'm willing to give this one a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These fairytale retellings by Pearce all look so interesting to me, I'm glad you enjoyed this one, it makes me even more eager to read these books!

    Charlene @ Bookish Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one has been sitting on my shelf forever. I've only read Fathomless by her and thought it was okay. but I agree it was an enjoyable re-telling.
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been wanting to read this one for a while now ... but it just keeps getting moved back on my TBR pile. I really need to move it up.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.