Review of Elusion

Soon, Elusion® will change the world and life as we know it.

A new technology called Elusion is sweeping the country. An app, visor and wristband will virtually transport you to an exotic destination where adventure can be pursued without the complications—or consequences—of real life.

Regan is an Elusion insider. Or at least she used to be. Her father invented the program, and her best friend, Patrick, heir to the tech giant Orexis, is about to release it nationwide. But ever since her father’s unexpected death, Regan can’t bear to Escape, especially since waking up from the dream means crashing back to her grim reality.

Still, when there are rumors of trouble in Elusion—accusations that it’s addictive and dangerous— Regan is determined to defend it. But the critics of Elusion come from surprising sources, including Josh, the handsome skeptic with his own personal stakes. As Regan investigates the claims, she discovers a disturbing web of secrets. She will soon have to choose between love and loyalty…a decision that will affect the lives of millions.

Suspense, thrills, and romance fuel this near-future story about the seductive nature of a perfect virtual world, and how far one girl will go to uncover the truth behind the illusions.


Elusion was another one of my giveaway wins that was never really on my radar. I was so excited when I started it, I love that whole virtual reality world and this was a unique spin on it.

  • The world building with Elusion. Not only was it a virtual reality, but it would increase your endorphins and make you feel amazing. What an awesome concept.
  • I liked the main characters a lot; Regan was strong and smart, but still really vulnerable because of the relationship with her father and his work on Elusion. I can understand that because I had a workaholic father when I was child.
  • There is this triangle between Josh, Patrick and Regan, but it actually totally worked for me and brought something surprising to the story.
  • The book was well-written. I felt that the imagery really helped me image the horrible conditions, the gray, acidic environment outside Elusion, and then the bright and perfect version inside the programing.
  • I am back on a little bit of a dystopian binge, but I cannot seem to stay away from them. I have no idea why the “end of the world”, “post apocalypse” books pull me in! I guess it just seems like a lot of the issues that cause the catastrophic event are fairly realistic.
  • No real gripes, I enjoyed the book a lot.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12369550-elusion?from_search=true




https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

10 comments

  1. This book sounds super interesting...I'll have to add it to my Goodreads to read later! I'm also a fan of the whole dystopian genre. Thanks for the great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this one too. Haven you seen the cover for the next book, it is gorgeous. Can't wait to continue the series. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds amazing! I love the idea of a virtual reality escape! I'd probably be sucked in even if it was addictive! Thank you for sharing such a great review!

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving this cover! The book sounds really cool, it reminds me of the new series by James Dashner. Check out my review of Fan Art if you have the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read mixed reviews on Elusion, but I definitely want to read it for myself, especially with the technology itself

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll have to check it out! Like you I haven't really wanted to read it before I saw this review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you enjoyed this a lot more than I did! I had a ton of issues with it, but since dystopian types aren't exactly my favourite anyway, things about the world just annoyed me. And ugh, the romance. Really didn't like it at all, well, didn't really like any of the characters either. I guess you either love or hate this one. :)

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds interesting! I'm glad you enjoyed it ;) I really like your review style, it's simple and succinct and quite frank.

    Rachel @A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read about half way through this one and stopped but I plan on coming back to it sometime soon, especially because I'm already halfway finished.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gotta add this one to my TBR list! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.