Review of Attachments

"Hi, I'm the guy who reads your e-mail, and also, I love you . . . "
Beth Fremont and Jennifer Scribner-Snyder know that somebody is monitoring their work e-mail. (Everybody in the newsroom knows. It's company policy.) But they can't quite bring themselves to take it seriously. They go on sending each other endless and endlessly hilarious e-mails, discussing every aspect of their personal lives.

Meanwhile, Lincoln O'Neill can't believe this is his job now- reading other people's e-mail. When he applied to be "internet security officer," he pictured himself building firewalls and crushing hackers- not writing up a report every time a sports reporter forwards a dirty joke.

When Lincoln comes across Beth's and Jennifer's messages, he knows he should turn them in. But he can't help being entertained-and captivated-by their stories.

By the time Lincoln realizes he's falling for Beth, it's way too late to introduce himself.

What would he say . . . ?


 Attachments was our book club choice for this month. The girls were so awesome and looked for a book I hadn’t yet read (which is sometimes a hard thing to do!). I loved Eleanor & Park so much that I am going to need to read everything that Rainbow has to offer. I want to be real-life friends with Rainbow, I think we have similar personalities.

  • This book was hilarious! I was almost peed my pants just reading the first page. I love this girls, I would SO be friends with them!
  • Lincoln was so adorably dorky. I love that he had no idea how cute he was and that he was so charming. He was sensitive and really broken from a relationship, but I loved seeing how he started to rebuild his life and be the man he wants to be.
  • Doris was amazing. She was the perfect side character. I think she made this book as amazing as Park’s mom did in Eleanor & Park.
  • This book just hit home. I have a lot of the same fears as Jennifer with having a child and I just felt that I could relate a lot to her. It was neat to see her mindset change as she grew more into the idea of being a mother.

  • The only gripe I had was that I wanted more of the story – to see how things keep progressing. Maybe there will be an Attachments sequel!


“There is no air in space.”

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8909152-attachments?from_search=true




https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

10 comments

  1. I really want to read all of Rainbow's stuff! This one sounds so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Attachments is such a lovely read! The characters and the romance are just perfect! I'm so glad you enjoyed this one, and if you are ever friends with Rainbow - can I hang out with you guys sometimes? :D

    Charlene @ Bookish Whimsy

    (reposting comment - I hate typos! :D)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you enjoyed this!! I have yet to read anything by Rainbow Rowell (I know, I know, it's basically a YA readers sin not to have read something by her), but this book sounds really good (just like her other ones). Lovely review, Missie <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is definitely a MUST read! I absolutely love this book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great read. I haven't read any Rainbow Rowell books yet. =( I really need to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too really enjoyed Attachments. I thought Lincoln was adorable and the exact type of guy I would fall for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely thought the ending needed more. But other than that, I did enjoy it, even though it wasn't my type of novel. Rainbow Rowell still made it work :D

    I'm glad you really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am ashamed to admit I haven't read anything by Rainbow Rowell :/ Everyone tells me to read Eleanor and Park because it is the best, but I think I will read it last so that it's awesome-ness doesn't shadow the other books. Makes sense...right??

    ReplyDelete
  10. You read my mind with this review! I feel so much the same. The characters were just wonderful - Beth, Jennifer, Lincoln, Dorris. It was such a fun read. So much feels. And I would gladly read more too. And that, also, is one of my favorite quotes! :D

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.