Waiting on Wednesday with Winterspell

http://breakingthespine.blogspot.com/

The clock chimes midnight, a curse breaks, and a girl meets a prince . . . but what follows is not all sweetness and sugarplums.

New York City, 1899. Clara Stole, the mayor's ever-proper daughter, leads a double life. Since her mother's murder, she has secretly trained in self-defense with the mysterious Drosselmeyer.

Then, on Christmas Eve, disaster strikes.

Her home is destroyed, her father abducted--by beings distinctly not human. To find him, Clara journeys to the war-ravaged land of Cane. Her only companion is the dethroned prince Nicholas, bound by a wicked curse. If they're to survive, Clara has no choice but to trust him, but his haunted eyes burn with secrets--and a need she can't define. With the dangerous, seductive faery queen Anise hunting them, Clara soon realizes she won't leave Cane unscathed--if she leaves at all.

Inspired by The Nutcracker, Winterspell is a dark, timeless fairy tale about love and war, longing and loneliness, and a girl who must learn to live without fear.

This cover is epic and I cannot wait to read this one! It is due out September 30th!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18475593-winterspell

https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

13 comments

  1. this sounds pretty interesting and yess, that cover! Nice pick! :D

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a good dark read. I would love to read this.
    -Flirting with Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right? The cover is gorgeous, and pretty badass with the dagger. ;) Sounds amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a terrific read and the cover alone makes me want to read it.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, this one sounds really cool! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sound of this one, can't wait to read it. And I love the cover too. Hope you love it =)

    My WoW
    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  7. A new version of The Nutcracker? Now that sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh another fairytale retelling! I love the Nutcracker, so I'll be reading this one for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love retellings! Definitely adding this one to my list! Thanks Missie!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm excited for this one, too! Definitely intrigued by how The Nutcracker is going be re-told. And I love the cover, too (: Awesome pick, thanks for sharing!

    Here's my WOW at Bookmunchies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I have it and I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, the Nutcracker? Sounds fantastic! Can't wait to hear thoughts on this one!

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete
  13. I look the cover for this one! great pick :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.