Review of Teen Idol

High school junior Jenny Greenley is so good at keeping secrets that she's the school newspaper's anonymous advice columnist. She's so good at it that, when hotter-than-hot Hollywood star Luke Striker comes to her small town to research a role, Jenny is the one in charge of keeping his identity under wraps. But Luke doesn't make it easy, and soon everyone—the town, the paparazzi, and the tabloids alike—know his secret...and Jenny is caught right in the middle of all the chaos.











 After I finished How to Be Popular, I decided to continue with Meg Cabot and jump right into Teen Idol. I again listened to the audiobook, which was read by Elizabeth Moss and was 6 hours, 1 minute long.

  • The story was cute, funny and witty. It was simple and easy-going, so it was enjoyable for my commutes to and from work.
  • Jenny was a fun character, she was smart and referred to as mayonnaise because she got everyone to get along. I could really relate to that, I always seem to get along with everyone and it is easy to keep the peace. Actually there has been like one girl I used to work with that does not like me, and for no good reason, and it really still upsets me, even though I don’t see this girl ever! LOL.
  • I felt like the setting for the story was a lot like How to be Popular, I kept wondering if it was even the same school because of the similarities. It was definitely true to the high school experience.
  • Meg Cabot does a great job weaving themes into her stories without being preachy. I like that a lot.

  • No big gripes, it was not an earth-shaking novel, just a good time all around.





https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

4 comments

  1. I remember reading this book years ago and yup, agrees with everything you've mentioned. It's an enjoyable book, but not exactly earth-shattering. But great for an enjoyable read to pass the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and more Cabot!!! I'm glad you're liking her as your summer mindless/cute-reads author. Heh, sorry about that girl though. (Are you sure she wasn't a mystic or something and you had an evil spirit hanging onto your back? That could make me stay away from a person, although it wouldn't be personal. Just sayin', you know...:P)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your blog, your review system, and the way you write :).

    You are awesome. I'm a new follower via bloglovin and GFC.

    Rebecca @ Vicariously!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this a bad time to admit I've never read a Meg Cabot book? Like, ever. It seems like it should be a right of passage lol

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.