Review of Since You've Been Gone

The Pre-Sloane Emily didn't go to parties, she barely talked to guys, she didn't do anything crazy. Enter Sloane, social tornado and the best kind of best friend—the one who yanks you out of your shell.But right before what should have been an epic summer, Sloane just... disappears. No note. No calls. No texts. No Sloane. There’s just a random to-do list. On it, thirteen Sloane-selected-definitely-bizarre-tasks that Emily would never try... unless they could lead back to her best friend. Apple Picking at Night? Ok, easy enough.Dance until Dawn? Sure. Why not? Kiss a Stranger? Wait... what?

Getting through Sloane’s list would mean a lot of firsts. But Emily has this whole unexpected summer ahead of her, and the help of Frank Porter (totally unexpected) to check things off. Who knows what she’ll find?

Go Skinny Dipping? Um...



 I love the cover of Since You’ve Been Gone and I have read quite a few raving reviews, so I had to get my hands on it. I had a $5 gift card from my Bing Rewards, so I think it was the perfect investment. I didn’t really have any idea what the story was about, but I was quickly addicted to finding out.



  • This book is a neat little package wrapped up in a bow. You slowly pull it apart and cannot wait to see what is inside, but the wrapping is so pretty you want to do it delicately. I love this whole book. I didn’t want to go to sleep, I wanted to read. I wanted to hide away with this book and keep it a secret from the world.
  • The book was so well-paced, all the sudden I looked down and an hour had past and I was over halfway done with the book. I was sucked into the world-building and Emily’s life. I wanted to be part of the list and wished that my friends and I would have done something like that with each other. I especially love the lists Sloane would write for Emily when she was going on vacation.
  • I know I say I can relate with so many characters, but Emily and I were so on the same page. I had a friend like Sloane and I was her shadow. She was a bright bulb and people really just new me as her friend. I was along for the ride, not enjoying the ride. Once my parents divorced and I had to start at a new school, I had to force myself out of my comfort zone like Emily did.
  • Sloane was so neat, I can’t help but wish we got more of her in this story. I think Morgan Matson should write this story, but from Sloane’s POV.
  • I have a new book boyfriend! I have the hugest book crush on Frank. Oh boy, I think he is at the top of my list now!
  • The only thing would be wanting more Sloane, as I have already mentioned.

“I knew the answer to that immediately. It was like swimming under the stars, like sleeping outside, like climbing a tree in the dark, and seeing the view. It was scary and safe and peaceful and exciting all at the same time. It was the way I felt when I was with him. Like a well-ordered universe.”

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18189606-since-you-ve-been-gone




https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

10 comments

  1. Now I really want to read this, I wasn't that bothered, I wanted to since it's about friendship and you don't get many with it as the main focus, but it wasn't on my top priority, but now asap! There's different avenues of friendship and it sounds like this one explored that, and I love the whole idea of the list, and yup, I wish me and my friends had done something like that too. So glad you enjoyed it! :)


    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed this one so much! I found it a little slow-paced in places, maybe because I didn't connect with the character of Emily, but I did think it was a good read overall - and I thought the romance was very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much love for this book lately! I might have to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you enjoyed this one! It's one of my favorites so far this year :D But I really do agree; Sloane deserved some more page time. I would have been completely happy if there were an extra 100 pages on the end of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a great book. I love it when a book grabs you and time flies by without you even knowing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything sounds so good: the characters, the pace, the plot. That's so nice to have a book like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely review! It was great read, right!? i loved it also,!
    and i didn't mind there was not much of Sloan, it kinda kept the mystery of her alive and made her more like imaginary person than a real one!
    Boyanna @The Bookmaidens

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great book. I love those lists that force you to do things you woudn't normally do.
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heard fabulous things about this one. I'll have to try it. Someday. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved your review, you made me even more excited to read this book as soon as I can :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.