Review of The One


The highly anticipated conclusion to Kiera Cass's #1 New York Times bestselling Selection series, The One will captivate readers who love dystopian YA fiction and fairy tales. The One is the perfect finale for fans who have followed America's whirlwind romance since it began--and a swoon-worthy read for teens who have devoured Veronica Roth's Divergent, Ally Condie's Matched, or Lauren Oliver's Delirium.
The Selection changed America Singer's life in ways she never could have imagined. Since she entered the competition to become the next princess of Illéa, America has struggled with her feelings for her first love, Aspen--and her growing attraction to Prince Maxon. Now she's made her choice . . . and she's prepared to fight for the future she wants.
Find out who America will choose in The One, the enchanting, beautifully romantic third book in the Selection series!


The Selection series was a perfect summer, rainy day series for me. I remember reading the first two back to back. While reading The Elite I was sitting in our doorway watching the rain pour down and the most amazing lightening. Luckily, when I was ready to read The One it was a beautiful day. I brought out a pillow, my lawn chair and promptly read the entire book that afternoon.

  • I was happy with the ending. It is hard with trilogies because you build it up so much in your head. I think with this one there probably were two teams and I was definitely on one team the whole time, and my team won! Woot!
  • I thought the plot was interesting and wrapped up well.
  • I really enjoyed how the girls came together in the end, even though it was a completion, they were really there for each other and realized that friendship is more important than hating each other over one guy.
  • My biggest gripe would be something that I am sure Kiera Cass has a hard time writing, it was a tragedy in the book, it was just sad and I understand, but it was sad! Totally being cryptic here because I don’t want to spoil, but once you read I am sure you will agree!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15844362-the-one





https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

6 comments

  1. I do want to read the series, though when The Selection first came out some reviews put me off it, but it was also at a time when I could only buy so many books a month, so it didn't make the list. But, I do want to make my own mind up about it. Sounds like a guilty pleasure book for me, so I might enjoy it that way. But glad the team you were on won! Whoo, mine usually do, though a few haven't, boo. :(

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I started the first book in this series and just couldn't get into it. This review makes it seem like I might need to give it another try...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've yet to read the last two books, so I'm glad to know that the series ended well for you! I am intrigued by this tragedy though - I hope I won't be too depressed by it!

    Charlene @ Bookish Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Misse, I've nominated you for The Liebster Award! Congrats! Find out more at my blog:

    Ciera @ The Write Things

    ReplyDelete
  5. i was excited for this series when it come out bust some reviews for the first one put me off. but i might rethink my decision after you review!
    Boyanna @The Bookmaidens

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love books that can incite emotion, though, so that's still good! Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.