Lola Nolan is a budding costume designer, and for her, the more outrageous, sparkly, and fun the outfit, the better. And everything is pretty perfect in her life (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the negihborhood. When Cricket, a gifted inventor, steps out from his twin sister's shadow and back into Lola's life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.
Lola and The Boy Next Door is the second book in the Anna and The French Kiss series. I picked them both up from the library at the same time and I am so glad that I did. It was another perfect book for Memorial Day weekend, sitting in the sun, soaking up the heat and reading, so perfect.
- I loved how Anna and St. Clair worked into the story, it was fun to see characters we know and love be part of Lola’s story.
- I loved Lola, she was so unique and original. I loved the way she dressed, it was like Harper on The Wizard of Waverly Place, but with style.
- The love triangle situation in this book didn’t kill me, I think it was pretty clear the whole time what was going to happen, it was just the turmoil of making a choice and hurting someone.
- Cricket was so damn cute. I loved how he helped her with projects, apologized and was so humble.
- I would have liked more time with “the one.” Trying not to spoil here, although it is pretty clear what was going to happen. Hopefully they will make an appearance in Isla and the Happily Ever After.