Review of Lola and the Boy Next Door

Lola Nolan is a budding costume designer, and for her, the more outrageous, sparkly, and fun the outfit, the better. And everything is pretty perfect in her life (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the negihborhood. When Cricket, a gifted inventor, steps out from his twin sister's shadow and back into Lola's life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.










 Lola and The Boy Next Door is the second book in the Anna and The French Kiss series. I picked them both up from the library at the same time and I am so glad that I did. It was another perfect book for Memorial Day weekend, sitting in the sun, soaking up the heat and reading, so perfect.

  • I loved how Anna and St. Clair worked into the story, it was fun to see characters we know and love be part of Lola’s story.
  • I loved Lola, she was so unique and original. I loved the way she dressed, it was like Harper on The Wizard of Waverly Place, but with style.
  • The love triangle situation in this book didn’t kill me, I think it was pretty clear the whole time what was going to happen, it was just the turmoil of making a choice and hurting someone.
  • Cricket was so damn cute. I loved how he helped her with projects, apologized and was so humble.
  • I would have liked more time with “the one.” Trying not to spoil here, although it is pretty clear what was going to happen. Hopefully they will make an appearance in Isla and the Happily Ever After. 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16101168-lola-and-the-boy-next-door





https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

5 comments

  1. I haven't read Anna and the French Kiss yet (bought it, just in my TBR like a ton of other books) but heard a lot about these two, so hoping to get to them soon. Sounds like a great cast of characters and •I loved Lola, she was so unique and original. I loved the way she dressed, it was like Harper on The Wizard of Waverly Place, but with style haha!

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm one of the very few people who has not even started on this series yet....boo-hoo....I gotta get my act together, because I know I will LOVE these books! I just KNOW it!

    I like how you weren't afraid to tell us what you liked and didn't like about this book, and that you had no spoilers.

    Thanks for the nice review! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG. I absolutely love Anna and the French Kiss. Anna and Etienne are so cute, I'm glad they appeared in Lola and the Boy Next Door. I actually like the first book better, but the second books is great also. :) Wait. I don't remember a love triangle. There's a love triangle? What? LOL.

    Cindy @ In This World of Books..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I heard a lot of things about this one too and well one day I'll really have to try her! Gladyou enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had this on my shelf for ages and for some reason I've not read it yet. I'm glad previous characters pop up in this one, so fun!

    Mands @ The Bookish Manicurist

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.