Review of How to Be Popular


What does it take to be popular?
All Steph has to do is follow the instructions in The Book, and soon she'll be partying with the It Crowd (including school quarterback Mark Finley) instead of sitting on The Hill Saturday nights, stargazing with her nerdy best pal Becca, and even nerdier Jason (now kind of hot, but still), whose passion for astronomy Steph once shared.
Who needs red dwarves when you're invited to the hottest parties in town?
But don't forget the most important thing about popularity!
It's easy to become popular. What isn't so easy? Staying that way. 



I have heard good things about Meg Cabot, but I have never read anything she has written, so I decided to take on How to Be Popular and see what she is all about. I listened it the audiobook. It was read by Kate Reinders and was 5 hours, 37 minutes long.

  • I loved Kate’s reading style. She had the perfect voice for the book and was so fun to listen to. She really brought the book to life.
  • The story was fun, I think a lot of young girls could relate to wanting to be popular and fit into the mold that popular girls seem to conform to.
  • The book was light, easy and fun. It was paced well and keep you into the story.
  • The characters were entertaining, I enjoyed Jason and Becca. Becca totally reminded me of Karen from Mean Girls. Jason is definitely book boyfriend material.

  • The story was simplistic. It was enjoyable, but not a classic that you want to read over and over.
  • Some of the characters really didn’t have much depth, I wanted more than skimming the surface.


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23221.How_to_Be_Popular?from_search=true





https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

4 comments

  1. Sounds like a fun little book to read in between heavier books, and it's great that the narrator worked so well! I plan on reading something by Cabot eventually, too!

    Mands @ The Bookish Manicurist

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always enjoy your reviews. :) I have to say I'm a HUGE Meg Cabot fan but haven't read much of her YA stuff including this one. I have read all of her Chick Lit novels however and they are great! Some of my retread again and again favorites. If you decide to give meg another try I'd definitely recommend either the first book in her Heather Wells series(chick lit-mystery-humor) or The Boy Next Door (told in email format & so fun)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a cute fun light beach read. I hadn't heard of this one before. It reminds me a little of mean girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NEVER read Cabot before? I have trouble processing that :P But I see you also read Jinx- these two were some of the better Cabot books I read as a kid. In secret. Because my sister thought this one was too adult for me. And then she found out. It was hell. :P

    Oh you should definitely read her 1-800 series. I did, and always will, love the first few books because the MC is a motorcycle-riding, kickass chick.

    (I remember that last scene from this book with glow-in-the-dark stickers on the window. Teeeheeee. What a pervert this girl was but I loved the cute-sy romance.)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.