Review of Anna and the French Kiss

Can Anna find love in the City of Light?
Anna is happy in Atlanta. She has a loyal best friend and a crush on her coworker at the movie theater, who is just starting to return her affection. So she's less than thrilled when her father decides to send her to a boarding school in Paris for her senior year. But despite not speaking a word of French, Anna meets some cool new people, including the handsome Étienne St. Clair, who quickly becomes her best friend. Unfortunately, he's taken —and Anna might be, too. Will a year of romantic near misses end with the French kiss she's waiting for?






I have been looking at this series for a long time and finally decided that I would read them over the Memorial Day weekend, we had planned on fishing, but it ended up a little windy, so I just read on the deck and soaked in the 80 degrees of blissful summer weather we had all weekend!

  • The story was unique and cute. I loved Anna, St. Clair and the gang. They were all fun and well-written.
  • The boarding school in Paris was so neat, I have always loved stories about boarding schools and an international boarding school was so fun! 
  • I love the setting of Paris as a backdrop for a romance, there is nothing like a Parisian love story!
  • The story had great pacing, it was easy-going and delightful to read.
  • Slow-burn romance! No insta-love in this book!
  • This book was really good, I just felt like it wasn't a classic. I probably won't pick it up to to read it again, but it was really fun the first time though!





https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

11 comments

  1. Great review! This one's on my to read list! Seen multiple positive reviews and am excited to read it--I love all things Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book is so adorable! And perfect to read outside on a nice sunny day! I wish I had done that! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book! It's one of my favourites! I'm so glad you enjoyed this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had this book since November. I'll get around to it sooner or later. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to read this one. I like books about boarding schools. Definitely need to pick this one up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard so many wonderful things about this one. And I love when books are set in France, it's fun. I need to try it one day, we even have it in French! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you enjoyed this, Missie! Loved Anna & St. Clair. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I know I need to read this book -- and all the rest written in the series so far.....these are all such lovely stories, all set in Paris, the city of romance!! However, I will definitely read them indoors, in my heavenly air conditioning! I can't stand the heat in the summer! Lol.

    Thanks for the well-balanced review!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel the exact same way about this one! I loved the lack of instalove (I love your term of slow-burn romance. Mind if I use that from now on?) but I also didn't see it as much of a classic. That's why, even though I loved reading it, I'm selling it. Just not something I"m going to reread.

    I'm following you back. :) Awesome review! Thanks for sharing!

    Amelia | The Authoress

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, I really liked this book too! Pretty much the exact same likes & gripes:) I haven't moved on to Lola and I don't know about Isla - I might look into them next year. My current TBR pile is overwhelming as it is!

    Great review, Missie:)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.