Review of Where She Went

It's been three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life.

And three years he's spent wondering why.

When their paths cross again in New York City, Adam and Mia are brought back together for one life-changing night.

Adam finally has the opportunity to ask Mia the questions that have been haunting him. But will a few hours in this magical city be enough to lay their past to rest, for good - or can you really have a second chance at first love?






Where She Went is the sequel to If I Stay. I admitted in my review of If I Stay that I was really worried this book would ruin If I Stay for me. It definitely did not. It was so real, full of life and emotion. I totally fell into the story. I listened to the audiobook read by Dan Bittner. It was 5 hours, 20 minutes long.

  • The reality of it. Death is not easy, change is not easy. This book showed how the death of Mia’s family took a toll on all the relationships in her life, including that with Adam. I really admired that it was a fairy tale romance.
  • This side of the story was told from Adam’s perspective. He was so in love with Mia, but everything changed and she cut him out. It was really interesting to hear the path his life had taken.
  • The ending was awesome. Exactly what it needed to be.


  • Not a single one.



“Before there is a next, there is a now that needs tending to.”

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8492825-where-she-went?from_search=true
https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings
 



8 comments

  1. Yay! So glad you enjoyed this one as much as the first =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this one! I admit, I found If I Stay a bit 'eh', but I thought Where She Went was an amazing sequel! I loved seeing things from Adam's POV

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a really fantastic book! emotional

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't like If I Stay very much (I know, I know... don't get mad at me for it!) but I never realized Where She Went was from Adam's perspective. Definitely makes everything quite interesting! I'll definitely have to reconsider whether or not I'm going to read this because everything you say makes it sound so fantastic! ;) Thanks for sharing and, as always, BRILLIANT review!

    ~ Zoe @ The Infinite To-Read Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it must be so good! Not anything bad? that's always so wonderful! I think I saw the cover elsewhere but I don't remember exactly. Thanks for the nice review, I'm sure it's a difficult topic but when it's well done it's just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy you loved these books! I really can't wait to do a re-read. They are brilliant.

    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been listening to the If I Stay audiobook so I'll be listening to this one next. I'm really enjoying If I Stay, and I had been avoiding it for so long because I thought it was going to be sad -- and I don't like sad books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to read this series! This one sounds sooo good. Lovely review!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.