Review of The Geography of You and Me

Lucy and Owen meet somewhere between the tenth and eleventh floors of a New York City apartment building, on an elevator rendered useless by a citywide blackout. After they're rescued, they spend a single night together, wandering the darkened streets and marveling at the rare appearance of stars above Manhattan. But once the power is restored, so is reality. Lucy soon moves to Edinburgh with her parents, while Owen heads out west with his father.

Lucy and Owen's relationship plays out across the globe as they stay in touch through postcards, occasional e-mails, and -- finally -- a reunion in the city where they first met.

A carefully charted map of a long-distance relationship, Jennifer E. Smith's new novel shows that the center of the world isn't necessarily a place. It can be a person, too.
I loved the cover of The Geography of You and Me so much that I had to read the book. I barely read a synopsis but had seen enough favorable reviews that I figured it would be a safe bet. I am so glad I got it, I read it all in one night! It was such a cute book!

  • Lucy and Owen were so stinking cute. I loved both their characters originality and personalities.
  • The meet-cute (the way Lucy and Owen met) is so awesome! I can see how awkward it would be to be stuck with someone you do not know at all.
  • The story was so easy-going. It was a good lying in bed read, but it would have been even more amazing reading at the lake. It was one of those perfect sunny day reads.
  • The travel and distance aspect to the story was neat. It was truthful and I liked that it wasn’t easy and perfect. Humans aren’t perfect and I always appreciate when a book is done with this in mind.

  • I really didn’t have any gripes, there was so weird, small chapters, just weird formatting.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18295852-the-geography-of-you-and-me?from_search=true




https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

11 comments

  1. This one sounds very cute and the travel/distance aspect sounds like it's well done. Must check this out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely loved it (and rated it 5, too) I've read most of Jennifer E Smith's (she's one of my favourite authors, and an auto-buy now) but The Geography of You and Me has to be my favourite, (it even beat The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight for me.) I just felt like it had this different...vibe with it. A little more depth, and I loved that the characters both weren't perfect, what happened was because of both of them and miscommunication. So, I really loved that. :) Glad you enjoyed it!

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I immediately added this one to my "to read" list on Good Reads! Looks like a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book seems so adorable! Glad you liked it. :)

    Kristen @ Pretty Little Pages

    ReplyDelete
  5. For a minute there I thought your 'gr' button was your one-star rating! I was like, what?! Haha.

    This book was definitely adorable! It was sweet, simple and perfect to relax to. I don't think I enjoyed it as much as you though (it was more a 3.5 rating for me), but that's because I felt like I needed a bit more interaction between Owen and Lucy, you know? I felt like they should've spoken more to have such a deep connection

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! So happy to hear this one lives up to it's adorable cover. I thought the whole book took place over one night, which can sometimes be too insta-lovey. It's nice to hear it's not just one night and they stay together even though it's long distance.

    Amanda @ Born Bookish

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh I do want to read this, but I'm not sure if I'll like it because it's purely romance/YA romance. But I then again I did like Eleanor & Park, so I should try this one out :D

    Nice review Missie! I think you've convinced me! I want to read about cute characters too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't read so much contemporary but I'm really doing my best to be fond of reading them... I've read a decent amount of good reviews about this so maybe I'll go put it up as one of the books I'll consider reading :D Great review!

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen a lot of good reviews for this book, too. It sounds like a great, lazy day read. I'll have to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you enjoyed this book as well, it was adorable and I just loved the travel sequences. Great review missie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved Smith's other books and can't wait to get my hands on this one. It sounds like it could be my favourite of them. :)
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.