Review of Doll Bones

Zach, Poppy and Alice have been friends for ever. They love playing with their action figure toys, imagining a magical world of adventure and heroism. But disaster strikes when, without warning, Zach’s father throws out all his toys, declaring he’s too old for them. Zach is furious, confused and embarrassed, deciding that the only way to cope is to stop playing . . . and stop being friends with Poppy and Alice. But one night the girls pay Zach a visit, and tell him about a series of mysterious occurrences. Poppy swears that she is now being haunted by a china doll – who claims that it is made from the ground-up bones of a murdered girl. They must return the doll to where the girl lived, and bury it. Otherwise the three children will be cursed for eternity . . .





 I love the dark and mysterious stories and movies, like the stuff that comes out of Tim Burton’s mind. The cover of Doll Bones totally intrigued me and I was so glad I listened to it. The audiobook was read by Nick Podehl and was 5 hours, 13 minutes long.

  • The story was so full of imagination! It was like larping with action figures, the kids were old enough to know they were playing but still had huge imaginations and really took on their character’s roles.
  • I love that they would pass around notes and continue with the story even when they weren’t together. Sometimes it seems like imagination is gone with technology.
  • The characters were each unique and well done. I really enjoyed every one of them and felt their pain and happiness.
  • The quest was awesome, it was realistic yet imaginative. I would love to go on a quest in the “real world.”
  • I didn’t really have any other than I wanted more. It was sad when the story ended!
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15944406-doll-bones




https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

6 comments

  1. It's funny that despite wanting to read this book(because Holly Black. WHAT ELSE?) so much, I haven't exactly come across a review. So yoooo! Thanks for being the first one because the book hasn't exactly been in sight and mind. I love Tim Burton's movies too, except when they're all show and no substance. Glad this book wasn't like those movies of his.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds both interesting and scary which is why I haven't picked it up yet. Great Review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you I also love this kind of worlds. I know the author but I confess that I didn't know the book but I want to read it now! I'm in love with the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This story sounds interesting and scary at the same time. :D Great review!

    Obsessive Compulsive Reader

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this waiting to read! I'm so excited! Glad you enjoyed it :)

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book sounds right up my alley! Have you ever read her curse workers series? The White Cat, Red Glove, and Black Heart? I love White Cat, but haven't gotten around to the other two. :0(

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.