Released Feb. 6, 2014
Cari Harris lives what should be a charmed life. She owns a quaint bed and breakfast in a charming southern town, is surrounded by loving friends and family, and possesses magical powers. Most of the residents in Fable, GA, are descended from mythical creatures straight out of fairy tales, and Cari is no exception. As a descendent of Cupid, she has the ability to see when two people are soul mates and the power to make sure they fall in love. However, this power is sometimes more of a curse than a blessing, because Cari is also the town screw up. While hosting a murder mystery weekend at her inn, she tries to match a young couple and makes a huge mistake. Now she must fix her mistake before the guests leave at the end of the weekend, all while making a bigger mess of things along the way, in her typical fashion. As if Cari didn’t have enough to worry about already, her old boyfriend just moved back to town. Years ago, she forced herself to stop thinking about Mike, but now that he’s back, there is no avoiding him. It’s a small town and she keeps running in to him, no matter how much she hopes to avoid it. When she stumbles across some unexpected secrets, and Mike helps her with her current matchmaking dilemma, all of her feelings from the past come flooding back.
- The town of Fable was so neat, it was a really unique concept. Although a tad bit cheesy, it was still a super cute concept.
- Cari was fun! She owns a bed and breakfast plus is the offspring of Cupid. She was funny, inventive, a little aloof, but lots of fun as a main character.
- The side characters, Roxy, Hope, Emma, Carter, and Mike were awesome. I loved learning how the little town worked and I really want to live there. I feel like I keep relating books to Hart of Dixie, but it definitely how I pictured the town.
- I am so excited to keep reading this series, I could not get enough of it.
- The story was so easy-going and fast-paced. I finished it in one sitting!
only gripe I have it that is ends abruptly. I literally thought I had
to have a bad copy of the eBook. I read quite a few reviews on Goodreads
that said the same thing, so at least I know I did get to read the
ending, but seriously! I hope the second book comes out soon, because I
have no closure!
About the Author:
Chelsey Butler was born and raised near Fort Worth, Texas. She still lives in north Texas with her husband and four daughters, but she rebels against the Texan stereotype. She loves God, her family, and all things involving books, and is a self-proclaimed nerd, a history buff, and vintage enthusiast. She also writes young adult fantasy under the name S.G. Tillery. Chelsey loves hearing from her fans and encourages them to find her on Facebook.