Book Tour with Protostar

On the brink of civil war, the Torrian Alliance continues with its mission to obliterate Star-children across the universe in order to suppress an intergalactic evil. Following the recommendations of his council, King Gregorio Derry reluctantly agrees to send his only son William on a mission to restore honor to his family name. William seeks to complete his assignment, the elimination of a Star-child named Sydney on planet Earth, but when the assassination is delayed he begins to realize an emotional connection with his target. With conspiracy threatening his home planet, and a hidden menace on Earth seeking to secure a vested interest, William finds himself torn between irrevocable duty and sacrificing everything he stands for to defend Sydney. As William and Sydney struggle to overcome their impossible circumstances, they start to wonder if the connection of two Star-Crossed lovers will be enough to save them from certain doom.

I have just really started to get into the YA Sci-fi genre with Across the Universe and These Broken Stars, so I thought I would give Protostar a chance. Plus, it is written by a male in a genre that is dominated by females. I really wanted to see his take on the genre.

  • The story was original, I have never read anything like it and was intrigued on where the story was going to go.
  • I enjoyed both the main characters, William and Sydney. I enjoyed their chemistry and personalities. Sydney was funny, kind and caring. William was strong, but gentle at the same time.
  • I always love the Romeo & Juliet feel to stories, loving your enemy, crossing racism and discrimination. The world needs to come together and love each other, so I always love story lines like this J World peace, everyone.
  • The writing was really well-done. Although I have to admit, complex at times, it was good. I thought even his writing on really intriguing when he was writing from Sydney’s POV.

  • Sometimes the jargon was over my head, especially with space and space ship talk.
  • There were a few points, especially toward the end I felt the book got a little long-winded. I really wanted the action and to know the outcome quickly. I just might not have been in the right mood either and read it impatiently.

Disclaimer: A complimentary copy of the ebook was provided to me by the author and publisher in exchange of an honest review. The views expressed above are entirely my own and are in, no way, affected by the source of this book.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11850814-protostar?from_search=true
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Braxton A. Cosby is a dreamer with a passion for inspiring others to love, in spite of circumstance and convenience. His calling to pen a young-adult series that is smart, witty, and thought provoking, has challenged readers to answer the question: What would you choose, love or irrevocable duty? Braxton lives in Atlanta, GA, where he co-hosts a local radio show on WAOK which is a mash-up of current events and health and wellness. He also has a blog where he discusses everything from health and entertainment to spirituality and relationships.
https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

5 comments

  1. I loved the Romeo + Juliet feel to this story, too. Sometimes the jargon was over my head, too, lol. ;) I love how you write your reviews, breaking down what you liked and didn't like.

    Jennifer @ Donnie Darko Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would have been difficult for me to have a space and space ship talk because I'm not that much into this genre. But it also sounds like it's a nice story. thanks for the discovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE YA Sci-Fi! And also i love star-crossed love stories like you, so this might be just right up my alley, i should give it a try. Great review. Thanks for shearing!
    Boyanna @The Bookmaidens

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll admit, the cover is really putting me off, but a hero who is both strong and gentle is someone I'd like to meet! Lovely review, Missie!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.