Blog Tour with Justice Buried



The people need Justice, but she's not listening. One hundred years before, the Great Sickness reduced the world to three cities. Now the community of Asphodel is trapped underground, waiting for the prophesied maiden of Justice to return and save them from their Fates. 

Sixteen-year-old Astrea is supposed to be this savior - too bad for them she isn't a believer. Trea fights against her false destiny: she rebels against her family and friends, then refuses her arranged marriage to the charming but deceitful Lexan. Learning her life is in danger, Trea is forced to trust Lexan - until she discovers a power she never knew she had, and one he already knew he did. 

As betrayal closes every door, Trea decides she must submit to her stars and accept her fate. Then a handsome stranger offers her an unexpected escape and the chance to create her own destiny.


The synopsis for Justice Buried was so interested I could not wait to be part of this tour. I was pleasantly surprised with the original storyline.


  • I love when books are unique and don’t seem like something you have a read a million times before. There was so astrology and mythology within the story, but it was fresh and new.
  • The idea of living underground in caves was so captivating. And the culture these citizens had created was so interesting.
  • I loved how Astrea and Lexan were paired and were given the role of being the next leaders of Asphodel because of when they were born.
    There was mystery in the story and it was a quick, enjoyable read. I am definitely going to read the 2nd book in the series, which I believe is still slated to come out later this year.
  • The safe house was really one of the coolest things for me, I imagined this crazy, hidden tree house on the edge of a mountain and a lake. I so wanted to live there!
  • Astrea is kinda immature in the beginning. I can totally understand that being forced to be partnered with someone and lead Asphodel would be hard. I just feel like she was a baby at the beginning. I really wanted her to embrace herself and her role earlier on in the book.
  • There is a love triangle. I really, really liked on of the boys (no spoiler here) so I had a hard time with the story because it was not going where I wanted it to go. I am hoping my wishes will come true in the rest of the series. 
  • Quotes:
  • I’m not a princess and I don’t want a knight in armor,” I say, my tone a little fiercer than I intended, “I want someone who will stand by my side and help me if I ask for it, but trust me to save myself.”

 
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hilary Thompson is an independently-published author who released her debut Young Adult novel, Justice Buried, in January, 2014. Justice Buried is the first in a dystopian fantasy series incorporating mythology and astrology, with the second full-length title due later in 2014.
She also teaches high school English, which gives her some insight into her target audience, and helps her maintain a thick skin.
hilarythompsonauthor.blogspot.com | http://twitter.com/HilaryLThompson | https://www.facebook.com/hilarythompsonauthor



https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20596632-justice-buried
 

Disclaimer: A complimentary copy of the ebook was provided to me by the author and publisher in exchange of an honest review. The views expressed above are entirely my own and are in, no way, affected by the source of this book.


https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

1 comment

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.