Waiting on Wednesday - Mortal Danger


Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Edie Kramer has a score to settle with the beautiful people at Blackbriar Academy. Their cruelty drove her to the brink of despair, and four months ago, she couldn’t imagine being strong enough to face her senior year. But thanks to a Faustian compact with the enigmatic Kian, she has the power to make the bullies pay. She’s not supposed to think about Kian once the deal is done, but devastating pain burns behind his unearthly beauty, making him impossible to forget.

In one short summer, her entire life changes, and she sweeps through Blackbriar, prepped to take the beautiful people down from the inside. A whisper here, a look there, and suddenly . . . bad things are happening. It’s a head rush, seeing her tormentors get what they deserve, but things that seem too good to be true usually are, and soon, the pranks and payback turn from delicious to deadly. Edie is alone in a world teeming with secrets and fiends lurking in the shadows. In this murky morass of devil’s bargains, she isn’t sure who—or what—she can trust. Not even her own mind . . .
I loved the Razorland series. I am so excited to see what Ann Aquirre comes up with next! This one is set to release August 5th!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/19561925-mortal-danger

https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

19 comments

  1. I usually don't enjoy reading books about bullying and paybacks, because I simply think most of the time the topic is being over dramatized. So I don't think I am going to read this book but the cover is really beautiful and the title made me want to find out more about it. Maybe if it gets loads if positive reviews I will let myself be persuaded ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had this as my WOW a few weeks back and I can't wait to read it! Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES. I haven't finished the Razorland series yet, but this is waaaay more my type of book, seriously, perfect. :D

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yea! I'm waiting for this one too!! Get them bully bitches! lol
    Check out my WoW
    Michelle ~ Book Hangovers Blabs Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only read the first Razorland book and while I didn't LOVE it, it was really good and I enjoyed her world a lot! This cover is so awesome, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book looks SO badass! Great choice! Thanks for stopping by, Missie!

    Sabrina @ I Heart Y.A. Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great choice, definitely sounds interesting!

    Thanks for stopping by My WoW

    Now following :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never read anything by Ann, but I have heard such good things about her previous series so I'm definitely keen for this!

    Mands @ The Bookish Manicurist

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you I'm really curious about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw this one a little while ago and I can't decided whether I want to read it or not. I shall have to wait an see what people think.
    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds interesting. Deal with the devil? Thanks for coming by my blog. And followed back.
    Laura @ Through Raspberry Colored Glasses

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmm this one definitely sounds original, I haven't heard of this author before. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds so interesting. I'm going to check it out and hopefully read the Razorland series

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I've been seeing this in Goodreads' recommendations.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds really cool and I have heard good things about Razorland. Great pick!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooo Ann Aquirre you said? Sign me up! That cover looks downright stunning too. Nice pick :)
    Angel @ Spare Reads

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think my husband liked the Razorland series. I will have to give this author a try soon. Thanks for stopping by my WOW:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. ha, that is a very interesting pick.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yess. Awesome pick :D I'm dying to read this book as well. <3
    Thank you so much for commenting on my blog. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.