Waiting on Wednesday - Born of Deception

Budding illusionist Anna Van Housen is on top of the world: after scoring a spot on a prestigious European vaudeville tour, she has moved to London to chase her dream and to join an underground society for people like her with psychic abilities. Along with her handsome beau, Cole Archer, Anna is prepared to take the city by storm.

But when Anna arrives in London, she finds the group in turmoil. Sensitives are disappearing and, without a suspect, the group’s members are turning on one another. Could the kidnapper be someone within the society itself—or has the nefarious Dr. Boyle followed them to London?

As Cole and Anna begin to unravel the case and secrets about the society are revealed, they find themselves at odds, their plans for romance in London having vanished. Her life in danger and her relationship fizzling, can Anna find a way to track down the killer before he makes her his next victim—or will she have to pay the ultimate price for her powers?

Set in Jazz-Age London, this alluring sequel to Born of Illusion comes alive with sparkling romance, deadly intrigue, and daring magic.
 I just finished Born of Illusion and I cannot wait to see where Anna goes next and what she learns about herself and her own magic! Born of Deception is scheduled to come out in June!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17876228-born-of-deception?from_search=true



https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

11 comments

  1. Oh, I tried reading Born of Illusion and put it off for a while, but I think I need to continue it soon! The sequel has a pretty cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of these books. I love books that deal with magic so I'm sure I would find it alluring! Thanks for sharing Missie and I hope you enjoy it as much or more that the first book :)
    Check out my W.O.W Y'all!!
    Michelle @ Book Hangover Blabs Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's great you loved the first one. I bought it recently on a Kindle daily deal. :)
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book is completely new to me, but the plot is definitely fascinating! For some reason, it reminds me of the novels about Sherlock Holmes, my favorite fictional detective. So I'm putting it on my Goodreads TBR, as well as my Amazon wish list. Ditto for the first book, "Born of Illusion"! Thanks for sharing!! Hope you enjoy this one just as much as the first one! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Born of Deception is new to me, and it sounds amazing! I'll definitely be adding the first book in the series to my wishlist. (Also, that cover is beautiful!)
    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award! You can visit this post to find out what to do next: http://desertrosereviewsunplugged.blogspot.com/2014/04/we-won-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah yes I saw this one but as book 2? (right?) I didn't take it. But I'm curious to see your review of the other one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember seeing the first book around a lot, so I guess I better catch up and read it!

    Mands @ The Bookish Manicurist

    ReplyDelete
  9. this one does look awesome! I have to read the first book, but I should really get on that so I can read this one when it comes out

    Great pic missy

    My WoW

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still need to read the first book, but I'm glad you enjoyed it. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.