Review of Into The Still Blue

The race to the Still Blue has reached a stalemate. Aria and Perry are determined to find this last safe haven from the Aether storms before Sable and Hess do--and they are just as determined to stay together.

Within the confines of a cave they're using as a makeshift refuge, they struggle to reconcile their people, Dwellers and Outsiders, who are united only in their hatred of their desperate situation. Meanwhile, time is running out to rescue Cinder, who was abducted by Hess and Sable for his unique abilities. Then Roar arrives in a grief-stricken fury, endangering all with his need for revenge.

Out of options, Perry and Aria assemble an unlikely team for an impossible rescue mission. Cinder isn't just the key to unlocking the Still Blue and their only hope for survival--he's also their friend. And in a dying world, the bonds between people are what matter most.

In this final book in her earth-shattering Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi raises the stakes to their absolute limit and brings her epic love story to an unforgettable close.


Into the Still Blue is the final book in the Under the Never Sky series by Veronica Rossi. This was definitely the best book in the series, which hasn’t happened in a lot of trilogies lately. I had high expectations because I had read numerous rave reviews. Gladly, I was not disappointed.

  • Aria once again grew in strength and skill in this book. She, unlike other fellow dwellers, got rid of the discrimination against the outsiders and moved to make life best for all of them.
  • Aria is forced to make a sacrifice and comes through with flying colors. I was almost expecting a whining session, but she did the mature, correct thing in the situation and I really liked that Veronica choose that path for Aria.
  • I cannot imagine how hard it would be to live in a cave and not really be able to go outside, I thought the description of the cave and life in the cave was really interesting!
  • There was a lot of action in this book as Aria, Perry and others take on Hess and Sable to try to secure Cinder and a way to get the Tides into the Still Blue.
  • I really liked the way that the series wrapped up. Unlike other series that have dwindled in the second and third book, I would have to say this series got better.
  • The world-building got better in this book, but that definitely was not a strong suit for this series. I wanted to visualize more on the dweller ships and the Still Blue.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/14288998-into-the-still-blue?from_search=true



https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

14 comments

  1. This reminds me of one more series I have to read :P I stared Under the Never Sky a couple of weeks ago but got distracted by other things, I will have to get back on that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this series around but I've never really thought about reading it for some reason - but since you liked the last book so much, I'm thinking I should read this now! I would be more interested in getting into a trilogy if I knew all the books were great!
    Charlene @ Bookish Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this series until now. Great review, I'm thinking about adding this to my TBR list :)

    Patty @ ImaginativeMinds

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you loved this! It's definitely my fave in the series, too. The world-building was good enough for me, but sad to hear that it wasn't for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm behind on this series. I enjoyed the first pretty well though I liked it more later, then I did right when I finished. Which was strange. Glad this one was good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved books 1 & 2 and have been putting off reading this one for some reason, I think I'm nervous that I won't love it but your 5 star rating has convinced me to just get it over with!

    Mands @ The Bookish Manicurist

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds interesting. I haven't read any of these yet. Thanks for sharing and for visiting The Book Connection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one sounds good. I've seen this series "around" just never read it myself, or anything by Rossi. However it's nice to know this trilogy just gets stronger. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read this series yet, so I only briefly glanced over this review so I didn't spoil too much for myself, but I'm glad you seemed to enjoy this one so much!! I have the first and second book on my nook, and I'm thinking I'm going to need to start reading them soon :)
    Victoria @ Chapters on a Page

    ReplyDelete
  10. me two, i loved the consistency of this series, i felt like every book was slightly better then its predecessor! And very satisfying conclusion! Love your review.
    Boyanna @TheBookmaidens

    ReplyDelete
  11. Honestly, I think I liked this one least of all. But I am glad you liked it, overall :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still have not read this series. Now that the whole thing is out, maybe I will finally pick it up.

    Great review Missy!

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
  13. This wasn't my favourite series. But I agree, Into the Still Blue was the best of the trilogy.
    And I also agree so much about series enders being huge disappointments lately. What is up with that? :(
    Happy reading!

    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! Glad you enjoyed this one too. I agree, each book kept getting better and better. I was nervous to read it at first because I've been disappointed with a lot of other trilogy endings lately but this one definitely delivered.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.