Kayla's world has been turned upside-down . . .
Her father has made her the prize in a deadly, impossible tournament, and Kayla has retaliated in the only way she knows how; by choosing her champion beforehand. But taking control of the outcome changes the game completely, and when the real reason behind the strange test becomes apparent, Kayla realizes not just her life, but her entire kingdom is at stake.
Rane's honor is torn in two...
In order to save his brother, Rane will do whatever he has to--including deceive and betray a princess. He knew nothing about this tournament would be easy, but when it turns into a deeper, far more sinister game, Rane is forced to see it through to the end, or leave his brother at the mercy of their enemy.
Now their fates are entwined, and they must venture into the deep, dark forest together . . .
Kayla and Rane are bound to one another by an enchantment and Kayla's actions. But the sorcerer forcing them to do his will may have miscalculated, because no-one comes out of the Great Forest unchanged. No-one.
The Golden Apple is loosely based on the fairy tale The Princess on the Glass Hill.
- I really like Kayla and Rane, both were in a hard place and trying to stay true to themselves, but still put themselves in situations that was not the best choice. I really like the push and pull in their relationship. It was like insta-love but then went backwards to a slow burn.
- The magic in the book was very unique, I loved the wild magic and Sooty so much!
- The characters were intriguing, I liked the witch and Jasper and the reasons why he wanted the Golden Apple so much.
- The story was even-tempered the whole way through. There really wasn't a huge climax that kept me wanting to read. It was enjoyable, but not mind blowing.
- I had a really hard time picturing the glass mountain and how the knights were trying to get to the top. I just needed some more detail.
This Week On A Flurry of Ponderings:
Monday - Review of The Coldest Girl in Coldtown
Tuesday - Review of the Divergent Movie
Wednesday - Review of Into The Still Blue
Thursday - The Only Boy Book Blitz and Giveaway
Friday - Review of These Broken Stars
Saturday - Review of the Veronica Mars Movie and Book