Blog Tour for Essence



Jocelyn Timmons does not believe she is anything special — just an ordinary high school senior, living an ordinary life full of school-work, volleyball and friends. She’s about to find out how wrong she is.

Jackson Chandler moved in to the house across the street. His dark wavy hair, green eyes and charismatic personality draws everyone to him. Everyone, but Jocelyn.
Whenever Jackson gets near Jocelyn she feels ill and dizzy. When he touches her, she blacks out and has visions of another life, in another time. As the odd hallucinations evolve and become clearer, she feels a strong pull towards the people she sees there. Frightened, she watches her once stable life begin to crumble around her and she begins to question her own sanity.

Could it be possible that these episodes are actually her own memories of a life she is living somehow, somewhere, some-when? Maybe this is time-travel or some other paranormal mysticism? Our minds often wander, but can our souls?
The description for Essence by A.L. Waddington had me so intriguing. Time travel or paranormal mysticism, our souls wandering? I am SO in! I really enjoyed the story actually found myself drawn more to Jocelyn in the 1800s than current day, but it was neat to get a historical and modern story at the same time.

  • The story was very original. I have never read anything like this and it really kept me intrigued until the very end. It was a quick, fast read that kept you turning the pages.
  • The author did an excellent job with the story, I enjoyed the writing and the plot.
  • I really liked both Jocelyn and Jackson in both eras, they were decent human beings and that totally helps make them relatable. I hate when people seem so outside of norm that you just cannot connect to them.
  • The side characters were neat as well, I like Olivia, Jackson’s parents and Jocelyn’s brother a lot. The full cast really brought the story to life.
  • The ending on this book really as intrigued me to see where this series goes.
  • The concept of EVE (don’t want to spoil here) is so cool. It would be awesome to imagine what life would be like if you had this ability.
  • Finding out the reasoning for Jackson getting in contact with Jocelyn was a little crazy, essentially something that happened in one era would happen in the other. I like the whole paranormal mysticism, but when I read that little part I almost gave the book three stars instead of four. I decided to be a little more open-minded because the concept was original and this is fiction.

AUTHOR BIO:
A.L. Waddington completed her undergraduate studies at University of Texas Dallas and Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis with a BS in Psychology. Angela and her husband, Ty, have a son, two daughters, a puppy, and an oversized cat.  They reside in Indiana.

Author Links:

Disclaimer: A complimentary copy of the ebook was provided to me by the author and publisher in exchange of an honest review. The views expressed above are entirely my own and are in, no way, affected by the source of this book.

https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

10 comments

  1. While the synopsis succeeds in hooking my interest I feel like we aren't given enough information of what the story is actually about. If it's time travel I'd be interested, if it's reincarnation or some parallel universe thing I wouldn't. Your review is just so mysterious! Haha =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound very unique and unlike anything I've read either with the historical aspect. I also love these kinds of reads that keep you guessing. Glad you liked it, Missie! Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds pretty cool and I'm totally intrigued about whatever EVE is! Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh it sounds so good! I didn't know this one but I really love the cover and it's nice to know it was original because it's rare to have a story like that. And the characters sounds awesome. Thanks for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The story sounds really intriguing. I haven't read anything like this before, and it seems to me that the cast of characters was very interesting. Thanks for sharing your view with us, Missie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you liked this, Missie. It definitely looks interesting, and I'm curious about that ending. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review. This book sounds really interesting. I like it when you can like all of the characters - main and side - and when they are written well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh this looks interesting, nice post Missie! I always love reading your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This book sounds like something I would really enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.