Waiting on Wednesday - The End of Series

http://breakingthespine.blogspot.com/

I am at the end of two series, so I cannot wait for the books to come out! This week I am impatiently waiting on:

The capital has fallen. The Darkling rules Ravka from his shadow throne.

Now the nation's fate rests with a broken Sun Summoner, a disgraced tracker, and the shattered remnants of a once-great magical army.

Deep in an ancient network of tunnels and caverns, a weakened Alina must submit to the dubious protection of the Apparat and the zealots who worship her as a Saint. Yet her plans lie elsewhere, with the hunt for the elusive firebird and the hope that an outlaw prince still survives.

Alina will have to forge new alliances and put aside old rivalries as she and Mal race to find the last of Morozova's amplifiers. But as she begins to unravel the Darkling's secrets, she reveals a past that will forever alter her understanding of the bond they share and the power she wields. The firebird is the one thing that stands between Ravka and destruction—and claiming it could cost Alina the very future she’s fighting for.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/14061957-ruin-and-rising


By way of a staggering deception, Karou has taken control of the chimaera rebellion and is intent on steering its course away from dead-end vengeance. The future rests on her, if there can even be a future for the chimaera in war-ravaged Eretz.Common enemy, common cause.
When Jael's brutal seraph army trespasses into the human world, the unthinkable becomes essential, and Karou and Akiva must ally their enemy armies against the threat. It is a twisted version of their long-ago dream, and they begin to hope that it might forge a way forward for their people.
And, perhaps, for themselves. Toward a new way of living, and maybe even love.
But there are bigger threats than Jael in the offing. A vicious queen is hunting Akiva, and, in the skies of Eretz ... something is happening. Massive stains are spreading like bruises from horizon to horizon; the great winged stormhunters are gathering as if summoned, ceaselessly circling, and a deep sense of wrong pervades the world.
What power can bruise the sky?

From the streets of Rome to the caves of the Kirin and beyond, humans, chimaera and seraphim will fight, strive, love, and die in an epic theater that transcends good and evil, right and wrong, friend and enemy.
At the very barriers of space and time, what do gods and monsters dream of? And does anything else matter?


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13618440-dreams-of-gods-monsters
 
https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

28 comments

  1. I absolutely agree with you on both! I'm actually waiting to read the second books in each series, closer to when the third books come out. That way the story is still fresh on my mind. I know I need to go ahead and read Days of Blood & Starlight b/c April 17th (book 3's release date) isn't too far away.
    Great choices Missie ♥
    Book Hangovers Blabs Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome choices! Both of these series are still on my TBR Pile, I might just wait until the latest books are released to give them a shot!

    Chanzie @ Mean Who You Are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruin and Rising! I NEED THIS BOOK!!

    Check out our WOW.

    Leydy @OUaT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both of your picks Missie. I hope you love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for both of those as well. Especially Ruin and Rising. I'm sooooooooooo excited! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....:D
    Great picks, Missie!
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't started either of these series yet but I do want to! I also have other series to finish. I'll catch up one day...

    ★ Under The Mountain ★

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with both of these books! Although I still need to read Siege and Storm before the final book comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOME picks! I'm dying for Dreams of gods and monsters! I still haven't gotten around to the Grisha trilogy despite all the good I've heard, now I will probably put it off, until the last book comes out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO EXCITED for both of these! It'll be a bit sad though, to end two great trilogies...

    Great WOW choices :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both have such gorgeous covers and I still need to read the second book in the series for BOTH.
    I wasn't the biggest fan of Daughter of Smoke and Bone but I've been wanting to read the sequel for some time now.

    Great Picks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am also very excited for these two books to come out, even though I haven't read either of their sequels! Ahh, I need to get on that! Great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't started reading either of these series. They aren't something that I normally read, but I hope you enjoy reading them both!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice choices, I haven't read The Grisha series yet, but.. if the last book is nearly here it's a good time to start. Thanks for visiting my blog, happy reading :)

    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have the first book of these series and haven't read them *hides in shame*. I just can never seem to get to them because of ARC's and blog tours and whatnot. Gah. I'm happy that they're ending cause that means I can have the whole series on my bookshelf now :) Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay so I've just started on Daughter Of Smoke & Bone and haven't even started the Grisha series yet but I feel like I'm impatiently waiting on these two as well because I've heard so many good things about them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I actually haven't started either series, but I want to. hope you get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great picks for this week! I think I'll marathon these once the last volume comes out :D

    Obsessive Compulsive Reader

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am reading to finish some of the series I have started so I can't wait for these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been wanting to read both of those two for ages (I keep getting recommended them left, right and centre!). I can't wait until all the books are out and then I can binge-buy them all and read them straight after each other :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't read either of these series, so I've no idea whether they're good or not. But they do sound intriguing :)

    Thanks for sharing and stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I need to read this series. I've heard it's really good!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can't wait for Dreams of Gods and Monsters! Still need to read Days of Blood and Starlight, though...oops! I'm so terrible at keeping up with book series.

    By the way, I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! The details are here: http://alifeinthepages.blogspot.com/2014/03/the-liebster-award.html#more :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Omg, I would give almost anything to have a copy of Dreams of Gods and Monsters! Days of Blood and Starlight absolutely wrecked me; I need to know how it all ends and I need Taylor to being the arduous task of healing my fragmented soul.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome picks, Missie! I cannot wait for both of those books:-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gosh, I can't believe I didn't notice you had featured these two books on Wednesday!! What AWESOME picks!!

    I've read "Shadow and Bone", and own "Siege and Storm", which I do want to read, although I have SO many books I want to read.....plus I have some review commitments for blog tours.

    As for the Lainy Taylor books, same story. I've read "Daughrer of Smoke and Bone", and own "Days of Blood and Starlight", which I haven't read.

    So I'm waiting on both of these, too!!

    Hope you can get and enjoy them soon!! Happy reading!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  26. OH MY GOD!!! Even though I've to catch up with Daughter of Smoke and Bone series and I'm yet to read my copy of Shadow and Bone, I'm so excited for these as well! Amazing picks!

    Thank you for sharing and thank you for stopping by my post last week. My biggest and sincerest apologies for stooping back so late by yours. Happy reading!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ah, Ruin and Rising! DYING to read it :D Awesome picks. <3
    Thank you so much for commenting on my blog a while ago. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  28. These are both going to be epic series endings!! I'm dying to read both of these as well. I love the covers especially Dreams of Gods and Monsters.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.